• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Ol Punny plays Pokemon Soul Silver for the first time *SPOILERS*

User Info: Heroic Bigpun

Heroic Bigpun
1 month ago#141
Me and Lance of the Elite Four are currently storming a team rocket base. I ran into a scientist who had three magnemites and they took out my to anti electric Pokemon. Gloom and onyx. Maybe I need to reevaluate how to counter Electrics.
pUnny at his phone. Expect tYpos

Heroic Bigpun
1 month ago#142
Red Gyarados is now in my team. I have three level 30 Pokemon and the three others are their early twenties. The team rocket base is taking a long time because I decided to trigger every single trap on purpose so I can train up the three lacking ones

Heroic Bigpun
1 month ago#143
So we cleared out the base. Not before having a double battle with Lance. This fight was annoying because Dragonite immediately got paralyzed by Arbok. And his Thunders kept missing. So he'd either misses attacks or get paralyzed. But they did knock out a few of my Pokemon because they were surprisingly strong. Every time that happened, Dragonite would miraculously pull through and kill them. So that means nobody would get the experience. Pain in the ass. He gave me the HM for whirlpool. I was seriously hoping he would give me fly already. When do I get fly. His Dragonite knew fly. I want fly god dammit . Now I need to clear out the gym before I leave. To my dismay it's an ice gym. I have no fire types and Onyx is the only one with a fighting attack. And he's a rock type. This ain't good

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
1 month ago#144
You know Rock is actually super effective against Ice and its the Ground part that is weak to ice.

Steel also cracks ice.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png

Heroic Bigpun
1 month ago#145
I don't have any steel attacks either. Man I need to consider evolving Onix soon. I need to know when he learns his steel attacks

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
1 month ago#146
Heroic Bigpun posted...
Man I need to consider evolving Onix soon. I need to know when he learns his steel attacks

Looking at Serebii, it's Iron Tail at 41 as the only one learned via levelup.
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion

User Info: RyoCaliente

RyoCaliente
1 month ago#147
There is another route near Ecruteak where maybe there are some trainers you could use to level up.

Onix learns Iron Tail at level 41.
How paralyzingly dull, boring and tedious!

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
1 month ago#148
Wild Magnemite hold the item you need to evolve Onix. That's the only way to get it before beating the Elite Four. You should've just picked up the Thief TM which will help you get it.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 month ago#149
Does Pun even have anything to trade with to evolve his Onix?

Heroic Bigpun
1 month ago#150
Heroic Bigpun posted...

A cool the Magnemite I caught a long time ago has a metal coat
Thats thr good news

The bad news is I had no idea you had to trade onix

f***
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Ol Punny plays Pokemon Soul Silver for the first time *SPOILERS*