• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 47: Happy 30th Birthday Onion Knight!
I don't have Elara's Awakening (wish I did, but the core banner always seems to give me dupes)

I bring Hilda because instant last stand is incredibly important, and she has bard so she can Allegro and Mage's Hymn, as well as that LM2 with a slight chance of Medica.

Deuce would probably be better with her USB2 since it's the same except boosts resistance instead of defense, but I don't have that.

I really regret not picking Rinoa's earth brave on the 500 gem select, or hell I regret not doing the USB dream select last time, I might have to pony up the next one for it.
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
1 month ago#42
Yeah, I can't justify spending $30 for a USB at this point. If it were 2 for 1 like the LMR and Glint selects I would do it, and grab Rydia's brave with Red XIII's radiant shield earth USB.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience
I dunno I'm really tempted to do the dream select for Rinoa BUSB because I kinda stall in the first phase with Maria USB and Rinoa with her enearth LMR, build chain with them and reflected damage and then use Rinoa AOSB to get to the second phase, and I then I refresh the infusion with the Awakening and snyc, that usually gives me enough DPS to get through the second phase and about halfway through the third phase. When they run out I'm just spamming OSBs and healing USBs in hopes I can kill Ramuh before he kills me. If I had Rinoa's Brave I could stall a little longer in the second phase and save more sync time for the third phase which might finally get me that win.

(if I knew how many hours I'd waste fighting Ramuh I would have just worked 2 hours overtime during the holidays and get that $30 easy for that USB select)

Then again I don't really see offense USBs as obsolete as people try to make them out to be. You can only do so much damage in 15 seconds against bosses with 3+ million HP and savage mode layers, or multiple target gimmick bosses like Ifrit and Valefor so you will need a backup soul break. And especially with that enelement dispel crap making you waste meter and precious seconds off your Awakening/sync anyway. Having that magic damage boost and brave command would certainly give a major boon over just her super!
(edited 1 month ago)

Kaxon
1 month ago#44
I tried Y'shtola instead of Elarra and it worked okay but still ran into the same problem in phase 3 where she can't instantly restore last stand (she needs to use her USB and then raise her brave to l3). The loss of untyped HQC hurts too. I might give Sarah a try since her USB does give last stand on entry and she can use Allegro. Definitely hope we get the Healer pickup banner (that Japan got before our last fest) soon.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

Kaxon
1 month ago#45
Got a disco on the daily draw... another Kain Arcane. I've only gotten 3 daily draws that were AOSBs and two of them were Kain's.

Kaxon
1 month ago#46
Dream selections are tomorrow, which ones are you doing? I'm doing LMR for the two-for-one, planning to grab Rinoa's doublecast black and en-ice. AASB seems too good to pass up but these options don't excite me very much. I have a bunch of them and the ones I don't have are either not needed for a long time (both Cecils), are for content I already finished (Zidane), or are available free in the 5th Anniversary (Tidus, Orlandu, Ingus). I think I either take Zidane because I like him and plan to use it in the neo-neo-Torment, or take Tidus and plan to get Ingus on the anniversary selection thing.

Glint is also tempting because it's 2 for 1 but the characters I need en-element for don't have 5* glints.
Doing Awakening for sure, though I'm bummed Queen/Lightning/Water mage ones aren't there. Probably going to pick Vincent or Agrias.

AOSB as well for Maria's AOSB in hopes that can seal the deal on Ramuh.

Possibly the USB one as well for Rinoa Brave or Deuce USB2.
They're up

Awakening

2/11

Hope AOSB
Lightning AWAKENING!!!!!

YES! YES! YESSSSSSSSSS!

AOSB 2/11

Maria OSB dupe
Lulu USB1 dupe

Ugh

Bit on USB

2/11

Cid Highwind Ultra
Lulu Awakening!

Very nice! Finally glad to see I'm getting awakenings from the grab bags now.

Let's see if I can finally beat the old bastard tonight.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Whiskey_Nick

Whiskey_Nick
1 month ago#49
I dunno if I wanna drop $40 for Awakening, Cloud or Rydia's would be nice I guess or like Orlandu, but ehhhh
I am Nick. Go Sens, Bills, Blue Jays! Advokaiser is a Guru
UotY 2015, You should listen to The Show w/ Ngamer and Yoblazer
Orlandeau Awakening isn't recommended since he lacks elemental infusion until like last week in Japan so he'll be useless for 6* magicite.

1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 47: Happy 30th Birthday Onion Knight!
  • Post New Message