• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. azuarc ranks your future VGMC nominations (also, [VGMC])

User Info: NowItsAngeTime

NowItsAngeTime
1 month ago#101
azuarc posted...
I noticed one of the links on my playlist was dead. I didn't check to see what it was. Is that song not available anywhere else?

Not that I know of
I have been more into visual novels and learning Japanese recently.
With some fighting games and Switch games on the side. https://twitter.com/superange128

User Info: Haste_2

Haste_2
1 month ago#102
VGMC is going to be delayed until GotD2 is over, right?
"Ah, a party! We haven't had one of those. It could be fun! So... what is a party?"
"Well, you drink punch and eat CAKE! ...I think."

User Info: xp1337

xp1337
1 month ago#103
I don't think VGMC has ever tried to avoid the site contests so I would... doubt it?
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?

Haste_2
1 month ago#104
Oh, I didn't know that. Guess I'd better not slow down my rankings project then.
"Ah, a party! We haven't had one of those. It could be fun! So... what is a party?"

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
1 month ago#105
If anything, we want VGMC to coincide with the start of the contest to bring in fresh faces.
VGMC13 champion: Ar Nosurge - Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;

azuarc
1 month ago#106
Just a heads-up, since I owe you all an update:

I was extremely disinterested in working on this over the last two weeks, after writing the first ~15 reviews. I've come to the conclusion that I was putting a little too much effort into the write-ups, which was dragging things out and also making it a loss less enjoyable for me. I have been listening to the songs via YouTube playlist on and off, but today was the first that I've gotten back to evaluating anything in like two weeks.

So the project is not abandoned, but it's going to be a bit longer than I initially projected.

User Info: PIayer_0

PIayer_0
1 month ago#107
Write-ups are hard!!! It's your topic, do whatever you want!
-Abraham Lincoln

Haste_2
1 month ago#108
Doing write-ups forces you to think, that's for sure!

Speaking of my own rankings project, I only have 29 left to go! The music is getting really, really good at this point!

DragonImps posted...
I usually listen intently, without doing anything else, but I still find it difficult to retain the music or think of things to say about it most of the time.

Yes, that's how it is for me, and I think for most of us. This is part of the reason I plan on creating a weekly listening VGMC playlist prior to the matches.... even if nobody else uses it, I certainly will!

azuarc
1 month ago#109
Haste_2 posted...
Yes, that's how it is for me, and I think for most of us. This is part of the reason I plan on creating a weekly listening VGMC playlist prior to the matches.... even if nobody else uses it, I certainly will!

Sigh. You know you're working too hard for the contest when you maintain a playlist nobody uses since they just listen to their own anyway. Maybe I should delegate that to you then.

I was thinking about the opening topic for VGMC the other day, and about what changes I might make to the contest. On one hand, I felt like dropping a bunch of changes on you guys might be exciting. On the other, you might not react favorably, so I probably ought to at least give everyone some advance warning and a chance to tell me how terrible an idea each of these are.

I have 3 items on the table. I will do some, none, or all of these, based on feedback.

1. Guarantee inclusions for songs making 5 votes before a certain point in the nomination period. Anyone who supported the track would have their votes locked, but it would not have to survive the rising waters of the Great Consolidation. I would still leave at least 3 days for the endgame to just be open season like usual. (I've discussed this one already.)
  2. Bracket alteration -- still 192 songs, in 16 divisions of 12, but no byes. Instead, one of the four-packs is left completely empty and at the end of round 2, from the 9 songs that lost, we would vote one song back into the bracket. (They'd be placed in the neighboring division.) This would prevent songs from being a victim of placement or having a tough draw or whatever.
  3. I'm considering letting the retirees back in for one year. I mean, yeah, there's a chance we might see an inevitable Scars of Time victory, but the board has changed a lot in 13 years and Scars did lose in BOST4 to Wind of You. Some of us have been around for a decade on this board and have never gotten the chance to see some of these classics compete except maybe in a tournament of champions side bracket. I am definitely not in favor of eliminating the retired list, but leaving it to the side one year might be fun.
So, are any of these boycott worthy?
Team Rocket Elite 1 month ago#110
How does voting back in work for the second idea? Will there be 16 days of 9-way polls?
Link isn't the only one who kicks ass.
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Contest!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. azuarc ranks your future VGMC nominations (also, [VGMC])
  • Post New Message