• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Survivor Offseason Topic #1: Prelude to the War

User Info: SavageInTheBox

SavageInTheBox
3 months ago#11
I'm rooting for Michele both because I like her a lot and because she is insanely underrated as a winner and unfairly maligned, even by Jeff himself.

I also hope Tony does better than last time, but he might be the only person in the cast who has 0 chance at winning.
TimothyJab

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
3 months ago#12
Although Oo is insistent that no legit boot/F3 spoilers are out there yet, I'm still considering myself spoiled until the F3 I saw is rendered impossible (either by all three being on EoE pre-merge or two of them post-merge).
darkx

User Info: bwburke94

bwburke94
3 months ago#13
It's quite possible that the F3 you saw is legit, but with so many fake spoilers going around...
Haunted by the ghost of Arkos.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Surskit

Surskit
3 months ago#14
I'd wager Sandra has a zero percent chance at winning, maybe even more so than Tony who was clowned enough by his second boot that they might not immediately try to take him out again. Michele is also likely f***ed, for that matter. I cannot see these people rewarding her with the winner of winners title given her reputation, unless she really hits it out of the park in a completely dominant fashion but that's not her playstyle. If there was ever a time the women should align and try to make F3 together, this is it. Ego is likely to play a big role this season, imo. I love the idea that Jeff accepted to bring Michele back to humiliate her and that she dominates instead. Go get 'em, girl. Otherwise, I'm rooting for the old schoolers here.
.-#Elements of Water#-.

User Info: Espeon

Espeon
3 months ago#15
You can already count out the ten female winners. Survivor isn’t designed for women to win anymore.

Given that the cast skews older as well, I’d write off Nick and Adam as well. Plus Rob and Tony will inevitably be targeted as threats.

That leaves Ethan, Tyson, Wendell, Ben, Yul and Jeremy. Ethan is too old school to be successful, Ben was a weak winner the first time around, Tyson is too cocky, Jeremy has that All-Star stigma.

Between Wendell and Yul, I just feel like Wendell will find more success, so he’s my prediction.
Inviso's Most Adorabl-est Eeveelution Ever
http://i.imgur.com/SSw6M9E.gif

User Info: Surskit

Surskit
3 months ago#16
Espeon posted...
That leaves Ethan, Tyson, Wendell, Ben, Yul and Jeremy. Ethan is too old school to be successful, Ben was a weak winner the first time around, Tyson is too cocky, Jeremy has that All-Star stigma.
Meh. I doubt Ethan will translate into modern Survivor, I agree. But Ben could easily flourish; it's not like Tyson was a particularly great player before he won. Tyson being too cocky is also kind of a weak reason to count him out. I think people would respect him regardless if he plays a great game. Jeremy may have a stigma and he's coming with one of the strongest games played in modern Survivor, but so many of these people have stigmas attached to them. Parvati, Rob, Tony, Sandra, Kim - just to name a few. And then on the opposite side of the spectrum, people like Michele, Amber, Sophie, Danni could be targeted to kill off the UTR females before they make it too deep and run away with it.
.-#Elements of Water#-.

Espeon
3 months ago#17
I was bad at phrasing with some of my justification for Ben/Tyson/Jeremy. This is a season of tough, Type-A personalities, and I can only imagine them butting heads. Ben/Jeremy/Tyson are all alpha male leader types, so I feel like they’ll take each other out. Wendell and Yul are the two personalities quiet and diplomatic enough to behave as betas and stay under the radar.

User Info: FBike1

FBike1
3 months ago#18
Espeon posted...
You can already count out the ten female winners. Survivor isn’t designed for women to win anymore.
That's a bit of a hot take, especially with so many of the men having obvious targets on their back.
The Lego Movie 2 Videogame for GotD 2

Espeon
3 months ago#19
FBike1 posted...
That's a bit of a hot take, especially with so many of the men having obvious targets on their back.

Until a woman actually wins again, I see no reason to get my hopes up about a female winner.

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
3 months ago#20
I think it's silly to say Ethan can't win modern Survivor when we just had a guy win without any advantages solely on his social game. If anything, Tommy proved that Ethan can win in this era.

And I disagree about Jeremy taking out the other alpha males. His whole strategy in Cambodia was to keep them around as shields. It worked for him then, so I don't see why he'd change it up.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Survivor Offseason Topic #1: Prelude to the War
  • Topic Closed