• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB Offseason Topic

User Info: WiggumFan267

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#21
Zack Wheeler & Jason Vargas’ combined fWAR in 2019: 6.5

Marcus Stroman & Michael Wacha’s combined fWAR in 2019: 3.7
~Wigs~ 3-Time Consecutive Fantasy B8 Baseball Champion
2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION NEW YORK METS
Rendon to the Angels for 7 years, $245 million.

I'm glad the Angels got something at least. I think most baseball fans want to see a good team around Trout.
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#23
thank god he's out of the NL East. That's literally the best move the Mets 'made' this offseason

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#24
Well my worst nightmares have come alive. They signed porcello for 10M. the wacha deal doesnt look bad now, instead this one does. THIS is the one I hate.
It's only one year though, so it's not that awful.
<sneaky beeping>

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 month ago#26
supposedly the Mets aren't interested in Betances. weird, would have thought that was the most fitting place for him. i wish the Yankees would have kept him instead of Chapman if it had to be one or the other, and that's what it's looking like.

happy to see Brett Gardner is back at least

edit: oh, the Betances/Mets thing came from Andy Martino, who apparently has a reputation of being wrong, so there's some hope for Mets fans
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif
(edited 1 month ago)

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#27
Porcello is an awful pitcher as is Wacha so it's awful when you f***ing say you are trying to compete for 2020 and are all in and your response to that is to significantly downgrade your team while the rest of the entire division significantly improves

THEY'RE NOT f***ING INTERESTED IN BETANCES BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP f***S WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THIS TO UNDERSTAND?????

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. ABOUT. THE. TEAM. AT. ALL.

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. ABOUT. WINNING.

Look at this f***ing s***:

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/1205176095470784512?s=19

THE GUYS WHO WERE IN THE BULLPEN ALL YEAR ARE "BULLPEN ADDITIONS" SO WE DONT NEED TO ADD ANYONE ELSE

Stop trying to defend these moves. They are not defensible in anyway for a team in the biggest market in the world that acts like it's on a Kansas City budget and is also f***ing morons to boot

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#28
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/1205180391566409729?s=19

Now They are literally saying they are done adding relievers when they have not added anyone of note and had literally the worst all time bullpen era in franchise history because "we experienced volatility in the market last year"

AGAIN. THEY HAD THE WORST BULLPEN ERA IN FRANCHISE HISTORY LAST YEAR. AND DID NOTHING TO FIX IT AT THE DEADLINE DESPITE LYING TO THE FANBASE AND SAYING THEY WERE GOING TO TRY TO COMPETE TO JUSTIFY NOT TRADING WHEELER AND SIGNING STROMAN AND NOT FIXING THE BULLPEN.

and now they CONTINUE TO SAY THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TRY TO FIX THE BULLPEN?????????
WHAT THE f***???????

again. they do. Not. Care. About. Winning.
Not. One. f***ing. Bit. This is literally proof positive. The Wilpons simply do not want to invest any more money in this team because they are going to sell in 5 years (maybe). So this is a huge f***ing conflict of interest to allow guys to own the team who have a f***ing exit strategy. There is no reason even, less than before, for the wilpons to want to spend on this team.

This is why this should not be a 5 year plan. This should be NOW. How can MLB allow someone to continue to own a team when they know they are going to sell in years?? What kind of sense does that make??????
Man you are the most insufferable baseball fan I've ever seen.

If they're still being cheap and making bad decisions when Cohen's tenure as owner kicks in then I can understand the constant whining. But for now, what's the point? You know they're not going to do what you want them to do.

Also Porcello isn't that bad. He's not necessarily good either, but I imagine he's going to bounce back this year.
<sneaky beeping>

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#30
Mets had the worst bullpen era in franchise history. Didnt add at the deadline last year. Didnt add anyone in the offseason this year. They say " were not gonna add anyone because last year it was too volatile. We're good with not changing anything in what was the worst bullpen we've ever had and still claiming we would like to compete while the rest of our team got worse and everyone else got better"
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB Offseason Topic
  • Post New Message