• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB Offseason Topic

User Info: FFDragon

FFDragon
1 month ago#11
Adam Jones to the... Orix Buffaloes?
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
#theresafreakingghostafterus

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
1 month ago#12
DoomTheGyarados posted...
You are probably making a mistake tbh. I bet he regresses a lot.
He's been getting consistently better every season thus far
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso
Nelson_Mandela posted...
He's been getting consistently better every season thus far

He was declining on the Pirates before going to the Astros, actually. The Cubs kind of broke him in 2015. Which is why I'd be worried if I were you, as the Astros do voodoo to fix pitchers.
Sir Chris
Doom The Kanto Saga - Animated Series - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH4wNFCrLM

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
1 month ago#14
He was declining on the Pirates before going to the Astros, actually. The Cubs kind of broke him in 2015. Which is why I'd be worried if I were you, as the Astros do voodoo to fix pitchers.
Yeah I guess that's why Charlie Morton really fell off after leaving. You're right!
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 month ago#15
this is why i was kind of worried. but hey, it's not my money and at this point he was the only option. the Yankees have wanted this guy since he was in high school, so it's kinda neat they finally got him.

and like Seph alluded to, the Astros fix may have been permanent. the Yankees analytics team certainly seems to think so. also Yankees got a new pitching coach this year, which it wouldn't surprise me if they thought he would be better for Cole specifically.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: WiggumFan267

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#16
https://twitter.com/mikemayerMMO/status/1204800788809187328?s=19

Hearing its unlikely the Mets trade for Starling Marte (or anyone with that kind of money left on deal), unless they shed salary (Lowrie/Familia) in that or another deal.

It's so f***ing embarrassing that the Mets have to shed salary to take on a 2 year/$25 deal.

(When mind you they HAVENT SPENT A DIME yet this offseason)
~Wigs~ 3-Time Consecutive Fantasy B8 Baseball Champion
2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION NEW YORK METS
(edited 1 month ago)

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#17
The mets won 86 games last year in large part due to their great health luck and the fact they had both Wheeler and Stroman together down the stretch. From last year, temhey need to replace Wheeler and Vargas. They, in their words, replaced Wheeler with Stroman, which is a significant downgrade. They need an upgrade over wheeler in order to be better than last year cuz obviously they wont be as healthy.

In order to field a competitive team in 2020 the Mets need:
- a sp as good as wheeler or very close
- 1-2 decent relievers (plus a 1-2 more minor league deal kinda guys)
- one more starting bat, ideally an OF or 3B (not trading anyone from the roster except maybe dom smith but it depends on the deal)
- oh I guess they need a 3rd catcher too cuz there literally isn't one they can use in the org like if someone gets hurt but this is an obv move that's gonna happen anyway so whatever

Btw dont forget the Phillies and Braves have both made significant upgrades to their team already, the Nats resigned Strasburg, and even the marlins got Villar and Aguilar.

Everyone in the div is much better and added huge pieces. The mets have basically the same exact roster minus Wheeler

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#18
Legitimate question. Why is it that the Mets GM is allowed to blatantly lie about actual facts and present it as evidence why they should not spend anymore and is never called out on it by anyone nor does anyone do anything about it? How does this all go completely unchecked and let him off scot free?

https://twitter.com/DeeshaThosar/status/1204563041301360640?s=19

Brodie Van Wagenen said the Mets played consistently when healthy. And when asked if he has to consider that injuries always happen, he said:

"That's why we created the depth that we had last year and that's why we were able to win 86 games with as much diversity as we have."

The mets "depth" last year consisted of Keon Broxton, Rajai Davis, Aaron Altherr and Carlos Gomez who combined to hit .172 (33-for-191) for the Mets.

User Info: ertyu0078

ertyu0078
1 month ago#19
Didn’t we sign a catcher from the rays

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#20
Mets 5th pitcher is Wacha. Bargain bin "competing"

I dont like this. Wacha is damaged goods. This is not a move to try to win. This is a move to go half-in and feign competitiveness while the rest of the NL east significantly improves around you. This team will never change. Same old same old.

The Mets define "contending" as spending as little as possible and hoping that it works out. More proof winning is not a priority in Queens, but it is in Philly, Atlanta, and Washington (among many others obv)

By the way. Another old Brodie client. Of course.

So Stroman replaces Wheeler (huge downgrade) and Wacha replaces Vargas (downgrade). Great f***ing job Brodie. 79 wins here we come.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB Offseason Topic
  • Post New Message