• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Logicblade Ranks the Top 100 Anime OP's of the Decade

User Info: Logicblade

Logicblade
1 month ago#1
Can't believe another new decade is upon us. It's been a long time since I made a ranking topic, but I'd thought I'd kick it off right by doing an anime opening's list. My methodology for this was pretty simple. I had four tiers that I ranked openings on. The first tier is "This could be my favourite OP of the decade. full stop.", the second is "I adore this OP, it should rank highly." and the third tier was "This is a really good OP, and should probably be in the top 100." The 4th tier was simply "Not good enough". In order to do this, I scoured the internet for other peoples rankings topics by anime season, by year, by decade, and tried to develop a comprehensive list. Well when there's 50+ animes a season, with 40 seasons to look through, you have to deal with a lot of songs, so naturally some may have fallen through the cracks. But it was not for a lack of trying. I even asked around in the board8 discord for a few suggestions, which helped round out my list. In any case, I've gotten to a point where I feel good about the order, feel good about the songs on the list, and I'm ready to get started... after I take a nap or get the long sleep.

To prevent the same anime from taking multiple spots, I limited it to one song per anime. There were a few exceptions, but honestly not as many as I thought there would be. There's also like a bajillion Fate animes, I treated them all as their own entities, rather than one big thing because... well they aren't. In any case, here's how my tiers ending up shaking out, for a bit of teaser.

Nachos Supreme Tier 20/100
A+ Tier 36/100
A Tier 44/100 (14 Honorable Mentions/Final Cuts)
Spare me your obsolete empathy
The voice of sympathy means nothing to me

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
1 month ago#2
Awesome.

ya go my Connect
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
1 month ago#3
Tag

I hope Kyousougiga made the list.
Oh woops. Putting Advokaiser in my sig like this until I think of something more clever

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#4
Tagaroo
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

Logicblade
1 month ago#5
100. Innocent Promise - Trustrick - Shounen Maid OP
2016 (11/11)
Spring 2016 (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2si8RtqFYA

It's cute, it's warm and it's fluffy. Seeps right into your soul and makes you feel really comfy, this has all the hallmarks of a good opening. I especially like the part from about :46 to about 1:04. It doesn't have any sort of wow factor to it, it's just a very catchy song with some nice visuals to go with it. And for that, you get a spot on the top 100.
(edited 1 month ago)

Logicblade
1 month ago#6
99. Papapa - Shuka Saito - Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo (OreSuki) OP
2019 (9/9)
Fall 2019 (2/2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eidiBULZF_Q

So the first time you listen to this, it's just sort of whatever. Decently catchy, nice enough visuals... and then you listen to it again and all of a sudden you're all Papapa up in here. Shuka has a really neat voice, and I can understand it being nasally and offputting to some, but it really tickles my ears in just the right way. So in the end you end up getting a really cute opening about a silly harem anime. And that bench is about to ruin Joro's entire life.

User Info: Anagram

Anagram
1 month ago#7
Tag
Not changing this sig until I decide to change this sig.
Started: July 6, 2005

Logicblade
1 month ago#8
98. Coolest - Customi-Z - Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto OP
2016 (10/11)
Spring 2016 (3/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8d3bW42aFY

This one is just silly, but very aptly fitting of the gag anime that is Sakamoto. The entire gimmick is that Sakamoto looks cool doing literally any mundane task. Naturally the joke gets stale pretty quickly, but it's funny enough the first few times. I really like the vibrant colours, the fast beat, and the way the opening just really fits for the source content. You really are the coolest, Sakamoto-kun.

User Info: KommunistKoala

KommunistKoala
1 month ago#9
tag
does anyone even read this

Logicblade
1 month ago#10
97. Little Busters EX! - Rita - Little Busters EX!
2014 (13/13)
Spring 2014 (3/3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwahups9Pc

Well, this is the first time a key anime is appearing on this list, and it won't be the last. I specify this one over the original little busters opening because I like the instrumentation more as well as the visuals. I have no idea what the hell the context of it is, since I've never played Little Busters, but I can assume that it's all very deep and full of spoilers. My favourite part is actually the buildup from about :38 to :50, just gives off that sort of eerie unsettling 'something is going on' vibe that I really like. It's a good OP!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Logicblade Ranks the Top 100 Anime OP's of the Decade
  • Post New Message