• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NHL Discussion Topic 2: Holiday Road

User Info: Shadow Dino

Shadow Dino
1 month ago#11
Fair point, the West doesn't have teams as atrocious as the Red Wings, but the blob at the Wild Card race in the West is just full of meh. I guess if it means all a team needs to do is go on a heater they can get themselves into a playoff spot, it keeps things interesting.
Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! ~Homer J. Simpson

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
1 month ago#12
Shadow Dino posted...
Fair point, the West doesn't have teams as atrocious as the Red Wings, but the blob at the Wild Card race in the West is just full of meh. I guess if it means all a team needs to do is go on a heater they can get themselves into a playoff spot, it keeps things interesting.

About that...
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass

User Info: SmartMuffin

SmartMuffin
1 month ago#13
The "blob in the wild card race" in the west includes teams like Vegas, San Jose, and Nashville.

In the east, it includes teams like Montreal, Buffalo, and the Rangers.

Not sure that's a big win for the east <_<
SmartMuffin - Because anything less would be uncivilized - http://i.imgur.com/W66HUUy.jpg
http://dudewheresmyfreedom.com/

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#14
SmartMuffin posted...
The "blob in the wild card race" in the west includes teams like Vegas, San Jose, and Nashville.

In the east, it includes teams like Montreal, Buffalo, and the Rangers.

Not sure that's a big win for the east <_<

You conveniently left out the Lightning, who should be a good team, and the Leafs, who may or may not be a good team.
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

User Info: SmartMuffin

SmartMuffin
1 month ago#15
I think the cleaning lady stole my Patrick Kane jersey
SmartMuffin - Because anything less would be uncivilized - http://i.imgur.com/W66HUUy.jpg
http://dudewheresmyfreedom.com/

Shadow Dino
1 month ago#16
Worthless defensemen goes out of his way to pick a fight against someone that laid a hit on DeBrincat. Arizona ties the game on the Power Play from the Instigator Penalty, erasing a two goal deficit.

I must ask why Adam Boqvist is in the AHL when I'm subjected to watching bums like Gilbert and Koekkoek. Stan Bowman is quintple fired.
Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! ~Homer J. Simpson

User Info: MartinFF7

MartinFF7
1 month ago#17
TheKnightOfNee posted...
Red Wings are up to 11 losses in a row, and if they lose the next two, it's a full month of no wins.

And Athanasiou picked up another -2 to boot, so he's up to -33

The dream continues... I'm trying to find a website that lists worst season-by-season plus/minus so we can know where he is among history but googling just won't turn anything up.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: TheKnightOfNee

TheKnightOfNee
1 month ago#18
MartinFF7 posted...
And Athanasiou picked up another -2 to boot, so he's up to -33

The dream continues... I'm trying to find a website that lists worst season-by-season plus/minus so we can know where he is among history but googling just won't turn anything up.

http://hkref.com/tiny/eihHs

These are all the seasons of -50 or worse

Amazing to think that Bill Mikkelson got -82 in just 59 games played! That inaugural Washington Capitals season was so incredibly terrible.

1993-94 was the last time anyone even hit -50, presumably because of the decrease in goal scoring since then (and slow of expansion).
ONLY FIVE CAN LADDER.
Sushi, kamikaze, fujiyama, nippon-ichi...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MartinFF7

MartinFF7
1 month ago#19
Oh awesome, thanks. lol, even the 92-93 Sens weren't that bad! (though I see a couple of 93-94 guys...)

Also didn't know it was only 59 games, I guess he'll always have the asterisk whatever happens. But forget "50 in 50", gimme -82 in 82!

I saw Bertuzzi got injured, Mantha is still off for a bit... all you need is Larkin going down. Things can always get worse I guess!

Edit: okay Bertuzzi wasn't seriously injured, that's a bit deflating... but my fantasy team can't take many more injuries right now, it's up to 6.
(edited 1 month ago)

Shadow Dino
1 month ago#20
Gustafsson pass to nowhere on an OT power play leads to a Toews penalty, Hawks lose in the shootout.

God there's so many infuriating aspects to this team. Defensemen that blow, a coach that's an imbecile, and a GM that has no idea how to build a modern NHL team.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NHL Discussion Topic 2: Holiday Road
  • Post New Message