• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko playthrough topic 4

User Info: handsomeboy2012

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#21
Seems like Erika isn't playing to win the normal way, but to get an logic error out of Battler

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#22
Type 1 magic: A claim, lie or illusion, no observers, cannot be done by humans, didn't happen at all.
Type 2 magic: A trick, only the result and not the process is observed, can be done by humans, did happen.

I think it is confirmed that magic in fact DOES NOT EXIST in Umineko. Feels weird to have something that big revealed without any fanfare in the middle of Episode 6.

It was not until around early Episode 5 did I seriously consider magic doesn't exist after all no matter how real it looks. Might be a bit late but at least it's not, like, right now. When did you all realize that magic is fake? I'm sure many have got it much earlier than I did.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#23
Mentioning logic error so many times, this is totally how Battler is going to lose. Rewriting the game over and over will only make it easier to get contradictions. Making the witch side commit this error is only possible if the human player is very familiar with the game rules, I'm liking this new element.

By the way... it's too much of a coincidence that the letter was about Battler's corpse and Erika just happened to seal that very room. Dlanor hasn't said it in red either. I think Erika might be bluffing and just made it up after seeing the letter.
(edited 2 months ago)

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#24
And I'm sure that Beatrice had encountered possible logic errors in the past games and changed the story, but Battler never knew about it.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#25
It hit me that Kinzo's ceremony in the first 4 games were Beatrice's 'settings' or 'themes' such that there is a reason for the killings to happen in that universe. Not that Kinzo isn't bats*** crazy, it is in-character for him to do such a thing if given the chance.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#26
The 1st episode should also be one of Beatrice's games right, only shown from the piece's perspective.
Then how did Battler get into Purgatory?

Maybe everyone died way before the 1st game and these episodes are just stories told later.
Maybe these are all claims and lies, the 1st type of magic. Nothing happened on Rokkenjima, no one died.

Don't think I would like it if the ending is '99% or 100% of the game never happened, not even tricks!'

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#27
Battler has drawn a lot of experience from fighting Beatrice but his biggest mistake is to assume that Erika will fight with the same attitude. He doesn't seem to notice or care too much that Erika is using all sorts of dirty tricks.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#28
Battler is being played like a fiddle, handing out advantages, making all the wrong moves, and listening to all her proposals. I don't know why he insisted on making the body disappear, or decide to do an endgame right away, even if this is EXACTLY WHAT ERIKA IS GOING FOR. Hot damn this is infuriating.
(edited 2 months ago)

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#29
The most logical move here is to keep the body inside the room and change the story such that someone else did it. He was literally told is it acceptable to change the story around. But he went ahead and chose a move 100 times more risky without even thinking how he could possibly make it work. This isn't an Ace Attorney game, he can't say something stupid and expect to get away with it later.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#30
Ok maybe he can keep lying and making s*** up on the fly. Doesn't change that Erika is prepared while Battler is not, and that I got shown in the very beginning that Battler is going to lose. Way to lower my excitement by spoiling the outcome.
And it's the endgame... right now? Given how long I've played, I figured it's near the end of the main part of the episode. Seems like the events on Rokkenjima, and that love trial, is going to end inconclusively.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko playthrough topic 4
  • Post New Message