• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko playthrough topic 4

User Info: handsomeboy2012

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#11
This trial of love has influence on what happens on the game board, but I am still struggling to see the importance of this over the main Erika vs Battler fight, other than being told 'it is important'.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#12
What exactly do they mean by fight to the death
Are they just killing the pieces? Or the... whatever they are now?
And what happens if someone wins?
I imagine Battler and Beatrice will end up winning anyway.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#13
I think they're going to kill off each other's pieces, to tie in with the murders on the board and preventing those 6 from being immune to dying there.
At least one of Kanon, Shannon, George, Jessica will die on the 2nd twilight.
(edited 2 months ago)

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#14
Few pairs I can think of
George/Shannon
Jessica/Kanon
George/Hideyoshi
Jessica/Krauss

Want to explain why but I'm not going to. These deaths don't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#15
Hideoyoshi isn't exactly too smart in letting Erika go. None of the people suspected Erika one tiny bit, even if she doesn't have the detective authority.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#16
The hell is this Purupuru Piko, Lambda said something like that earlier and now Erika says it too
Is it some sort of reference I'm not getting at all

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#17
I was thinking why did Erika wanted Battler to say 'everyone else' and eliminating the possibility of using unknown persons as an argument. One of Dlanor's assistants knows the reason and to no one's surprise, refuses to divulge it like Battler or Featherine or whoever is before them.

I do have some ideas this time though. First, she doesn't want anyone moving the bodies or interfering with the crime scene, like how all the bodies disappeared in episode 5. Second, she is looking out for the second twilight; now that there can't be extra people, the only possible culprits are those now sealed inside the rooms, and it will be very easy to expose them if a murder does occur while she is off investigating.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#18
It is, for now, a defensive move to make the second twilight harder for Battler, which is similar to my 2nd point in the last post.
I'm not sure how I feel every time my theories are quickly proved more or less correct. It's nice to have solved a mystery, but mysteries that get confirmed that fast is never a particularly important mystery and it's as if I've wasted my time thinking so hard about it.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#19
These debates and mindgames are the one of my favourite parts of Umineko. Compared to Beatrice vs Battler (which look silly now except near the end), Battler vs Erika is much more calm and calculating and you have both sides' careful thought processes on how to outwit their opponent. You can see Battler getting better each game and now I get to watch an exciting match between an experienced and a naturally talented player (ignoring how Battler fell for a simple trick again, or how he is going to lose).

If that trick wasn't revealed it would look like they are bonding over this game, just like Beatrice and Battler did.

handsomeboy2012
2 months ago#20
Battler made it possible to retroactively seal doors and don't even ask about it? And then just sent that letter without even considering the possibility, what kind of game master is this.

Also I thought that the 6 deaths are already announced in red, but apparently not
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko playthrough topic 4
  • Post New Message