• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Best All-Purpose Wrestling Topic of the Decade, Part 492

User Info: Eddv

Eddv
1 month ago#171
Strife2 posted...
...ratings wise or quality? Because 800k > 650k.

The only ratings that matter to television execs are your 18-49 males where AEW has never lost
Board 8's Voice of Reason
https://i.imgur.com/AWY4xHy.jpg

User Info: Steiner

Steiner
1 month ago#172
Strife2 posted...
...ratings wise or quality? Because 800k > 650k.

nobody, i mean nobody, looks at "total viewers". they've been ahead in the demo every single week.
Advokaiser makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Steiner
1 month ago#173
and you can think what you want about what i'd be saying if the shoe was on the other foot, but ratings have always been viewed as the ranking in the 18-49 demo. total viewers is an irrelevant figure.

now, NXT got essentially a victory last week, by coming so close in the demo - based on previous figures, you'd expect NXT to never have come close. but they did a .24 vs. AEW's .26 this week, and looking at that figure it's definitely not unthinkable that NXT will get a win soon. but it's just flat incorrect to say they had a win already.

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
1 month ago#174
Finally watched AEW.

Was not expecting so many goofy fun characters. It was great. Need me some more Luchasaurus. Can we get history lessons with Luchasaurus?

And Jericho playing on two of his beloved gags with The List and 1000 moves.

A couple of evil groups that I'd like to see interact
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

Steiner
1 month ago#175
Maniac64 posted...
Was not expecting so many goofy fun characters.

i agree but i still like the show overall

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
1 month ago#176
See for me that'a big positive that makes me want to watch.

I mean previously the biggest selling points were chuck taylor and orange cassidy.
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

User Info: Eddv

Eddv
1 month ago#177
God the best friends kinda suck.

Chuck Taylor has such go away heat from me right now.
Board 8's Voice of Reason
https://i.imgur.com/AWY4xHy.jpg

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
1 month ago#178
I may actually get a break to watch AEW for a change. It'd be nice. At least this week isn't the BUTCHER AND the BLADE reveal. It sounds like they avoid pitfalls like that and rebounded a bit.

I"ve been meaning to watch the Irishman though...dang. Hope I get time for both.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: HashtagSEP

HashtagSEP
1 month ago#179
Steiner posted...
and you can think what you want about what i'd be saying if the shoe was on the other foot, but ratings have always been viewed as the ranking in the 18-49 demo. total viewers is an irrelevant figure.

While this has been true and is mostly still true, networks have been starting to shift away from that in recent years as older viewers are the ones that still consistently watch live television, whereas the demo is favoring streaming services more and more.
#SEP #Awesome #Excellent #Greatness #SteveNash #VitaminWater #SmellingLikeTheVault #Pigeon #Sexy #ActuallyAVeryIntelligentVelociraptor #Heel #CoolSpot #EndOfSig
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: TheRock1525

TheRock1525
1 month ago#180
Steiner posted...
i agree but i still like the show overall

and yall say i hate fun
TheRock ~ I had a name, my father called me Blues.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Best All-Purpose Wrestling Topic of the Decade, Part 492
  • Topic Closed