• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Honey, We Bought A Switch, or: Raka Plays Fire Emblem Three Houses Blind

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
2 months ago#51
The requirements go down the higher your support with them is. Ferdinand is the only really tough one because you can't B support him until after the time skip and he wants a worthless skill.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
2 months ago#52
Even so, even raising everyone's support seems hard. Or do I just smother them with gifts?
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!

User Info: NBIceman

NBIceman
2 months ago#53
Yeah, that's pretty much it. There's enough ways to raise support that if you're diligent about it you can recruit everyone fairly easily. Gifts are the easiest because you get more money in 3H than you know what to do with anyhow.
http://i.imgur.com/UYamul2.gif
Spurs - Yankees - Eagles - Golden Knights

Raka_Putra
2 months ago#54
I see, so there's no limit to how many gifts you can give to people any given free time?

Early on I assumed they would just accept one gift at one time, then I tried giving someone two gifts and they accept them anyhow.

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
2 months ago#55
New game plus lets you carry over support levels.

First playthrough I didn't know how to recruit. Only had Sylvain (because I'm a girl, he joins for free), Ingrid, Annette and Ignatz besides the Black Eagles. Oh and the church people because most of them join for free on Silver Snow. I only used Shamir, Catherine and Seteth though of the church people. Oh and Flayn, I used her too.

New game plus I recruit everyone. (Buy up to a B support and the students will randomly ask to join you. This even works for Ferdie BTW)

Oops that might be a spoiler so I spoiled it.
Don't mess with a Bunny!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: xp1337

xp1337
2 months ago#56
Yeah, higher support levels lowers the requirements for recruiting but the real key to it is that once you hit B support with someone there starts to become a chance that they will approach you on a random day and ask to join your house... and this ignores the stat/skill requirements entirely, you just have to accept.

Caspar and Ferdinand are the only two who have their B supports locked behind the timeskip so throwing gifts at everyone else (growing tons of flowers when possible helps give you a ludicrous supply of them) can make it happen. I picked Black Eagles and got everyone on my fresh NG playthrough (though this allowed me to avoid the issue with Caspar/Ferdinand by having them in my house to start, but I didn't know this at the time.)
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
2 months ago#57
At least Caspar needs something that Byleth is good in, though it's still a mostly useless skill if you're female Byleth. Ferdinand was the only one that I was really going up against the deadline for, and it probably wasn't helped by the fact that Alois and Gilbert disappear for a month near the end.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47

Raka_Putra
2 months ago#58
Yeah, Ashe randomly asked to join my house after I got him to B.

...I Googled it and lol Ferdinand needing Heavy Armor to recruit. Screw that.

User Info: NBIceman

NBIceman
2 months ago#59
Honestly, getting Heavy Armor to C for the Weight -3 ability can be worth it to a certain extent anyway provided you commit to it early.
http://i.imgur.com/UYamul2.gif
Spurs - Yankees - Eagles - Golden Knights

User Info: xp1337

xp1337
2 months ago#60
Yeah, Weight -3 is pretty legit for the attack speed bonus, especially early.
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Honey, We Bought A Switch, or: Raka Plays Fire Emblem Three Houses Blind
  • Post New Message