• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Honey, We Bought A Switch, or: Raka Plays Fire Emblem Three Houses Blind

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#21
BTW what are the >> symbols above some Support levels?

And is there a limit on the amount of Support people can have?
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Team Rocket Elite 3 weeks ago#22
">>" above C, B or A means there's a C+, B+ or A+ conversation. The only limit to supports is only one S rank support per game.
Link isn't the only one who kicks ass.
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Contest!

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#23
Thanks!

So yeah, I'm still figuring out what's the best way to spend my weekends. So far seems like I'm doing...okay? I learned that once you explore the monastery in a month the dialogue and quests don't reset so I should probably not do that too many times.

Just finished the first battle against a rebel alliance and I recruited my boy Ashe for some of that tasty extra dialogue, but it's a shame we can't recruit the boss lol.

Battle-wise, Claude is heads above everyone else, he's a beast. Surprisingly Raphael is also turning out really good as a brawler and he's beefy too. Claude is becoming an archer for now.

The new magic system is...interesting. No more tomes so one less thing to buy/manage is good.

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
3 weeks ago#24
Raka_Putra posted...
I like short dudes.

So the mock battle went off without a hitch.

The lecture system is interesting but I think it'll take me some time getting used to. The customization seems quite dauntingly open ended!

For now I made Raka a Myrmidon and Claude a Bandit. But then turns out if you max a job level you get bonus ability (in this case HP +5). Whoops, should let them stay in the first job a bit.

So the student recruitment is locked to stats and/or skills, very interesting. So it's partially RNG.

On the first bandit mission I got...Lysandre? whats-her-name for killed since she got doubled, whoops. And I forgot about the ability to rewind time.
...but apparently we can restart the battle with the exp intact? That's so generous.

Lysithea.
Don't mess with a Bunny!

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#25
Yeah. I'll call her Lys for ease.

...geez I just skipped a whole month! In that part where Seteth's sister was missing!

...I had misread that warning as just ending that particular weekend but it ended the whole friggin month! ...oh well.

Man it's a shame that Marianne is turning out to be so friggin weak in my save, she gets doubled easily and hits like a wet paper. I might have to bench her but I don't want to. :(

So I got Cyril and Seteth's sister too (man it's hard remembering everyone's names at the same time), yay. I'm still trying to coax Caspar and Ashe but it seems like Felix is the one most likely to come over to by house due to my skills and stats.

I still couldn't defeat the Death Knight, but at least I got the second Dark Seal thanks to making Raka a Thief lol.

My line up looks like this atm:
Raka - Thief
Claude - Archer
Raphael - Brawler
Ignatz - Archer
Lorenz - Dark Mage
Hilda - Brigand
Leonie - Cavalry
Lys - Mage
Marianne - Priest
Flayn - Pegasus Knight
Cyril - Brigand

It might be nice to have a Myrmidon/Hero somewhere there so maybe I'll take Felix in after all.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
3 weeks ago#26
Nosferatu weighs a ton and Marianne has no strength, so she's going to get doubled pretty much all the time with it, especially early game. I gave her a couple levels in reason so she'd have a lighter tome to use in case she got attacked.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#27
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I should probably give her some levels in Reason then.
Balancing the skill levels/Goals are kinda tricky.

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
3 weeks ago#28
Flayn is one of my favorites.

Sylvain is my favorite though. (He may seem shallow at first, but read his supports. Since you have Flayn I know you have seen the part with His brother Miklan and that was when I realized he wasn't just your average flirt)
Don't mess with a Bunny!

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#29
Oh yeah. I did bring him to that battle and it was rather heartbreaking to see his dialogue.

Raka_Putra
2 weeks ago#30
Okay, so I got Ashe to ditch the Blue Lions and now the freckled cutie is mine, nice.

Last time I played was right before the part where we're going to the forest to find the evil guys who killed Jaralt.

The scene where I turned back time to stop Monicka from stabbing dad but Tomas/Shannon appeared and stopped ME from stopping her was cool.

Some of my party already have advanced jobs. Leonie is a Paladin, Ignatz is an Assassin, Raphael is a Grappler, Lys a warlock, Marianne a bishop, and Cyril a Wyvern Rider.

...I think I might be a tad overleveled, the game's becoming just too easy lately. Or maybe I should've chosen the Hard mode...eh, next time.

Lorenz is the biggest surprise to me. He just absolutely destroys as a dark mage, since he's got the highest defense out of the party (though I don't have any heavy knights).

Even story-wise, I kinda dig his shtick? Like yeah he's really classist, but he's actually working to be an honorable noble, so he can help and protect the commoners. So at least he's not all talk.

And overall I rather like everyone in the house. Marianne is literally just Fluttershy. Shy? Check. Low self-esteem? Check. Soft voice? Check. Cares for animals? Triple check.

Hilda is really good with her words, she knows how to get people to do her bidding and make them feel appreciated. But she can be generous and kind too. She kinda reminds me of Rarity in a way.

Leonie is just a great bro/tomboy buddy. Nothing too revolutionary, but very likeable.

Lys is...well, Lys. Her trying so hard not to be seen as a child kinda gets old fast, but I like her interaction with Cyril where she tries to be a big sis instead.

Ignatz is such a sweetheart. Just the sweetest. His B-rank Support with Marianne is so cute. I like him a lot.

And Raphael is one of those gentle giant stereotypes. He's loud, he eats a lot, but he has a good heart and he's a caring big brother. Good stuff.

Finally, Claude is...well, Claude. I'm very suspicious of him and wouldn't be too shocked if he turns out to be behind the whole thing. But he's still super chill.

As for Flayn...on her B-level Support she alludes that she's like us and kinda feels familiar with us. I wonder what her deal is. Seteth is actually her father, not her brother. But she says something about Rhea too...is she the daughter of Rhea? But we saw her mother's grave. This is confusing. I do suspect we have similar origins...since we seem to be older than we look and maybe not wholly human.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Honey, We Bought A Switch, or: Raka Plays Fire Emblem Three Houses Blind
  • Post New Message