• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Honey, We Bought A Switch, or: Raka Plays Fire Emblem Three Houses Blind

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
4 weeks ago#1
Which house is the best? - Results (20 votes)
The Red Lion
50% (10 votes)
The Yellow Deer
15% (3 votes)
The Blue Falcon
35% (7 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
(spoilers as I go on)

...I swear to finish Fallout 4 sooner or later!

So I told the dillos about this, but a local game store franchise here has the 'certified pre-owned' category of consoles (a.k.a. second hand without issue, checked by the store, and with a warranty). So I got this Switch + Pro Controller (no Joycons unfortunately) for 2.999.999 Indonesian Rupiah, or about $200. I also bought the game for about $50 new.

All I know about the game are:
1. There's a school system of sorts in the first half and in the second half you just build an army like normal
2. There are three houses. The Red House is led by a Kyoko Kirigiri/Chris Lightfellow kinda girl, the Blue one by Takumi Aldini, and the Yellow one by a stoner.
3. You can recruit characters during the school mode (including hijacking people from the other house if you're sly enough) and in the second half when you're in the army proper
4. The support/relationship system is much deeper than Radiant Dawn
5. My friend described it as a current gen Suikoden spiritual survivor, and we're both big Suikoden fans.

I don't mind general tips but please refrain from spoilers, I want to figure out most of the game by myself for the first run. Oh, and for context I've finished FE 6, 7, 8, RD, and Awakening. My favorite is Awakening.

SO HERE WE GO!
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!

Raka_Putra
4 weeks ago#2
Normal mode + the non-casual one.

So we got this war with an evil looking dude with chain whip he stole from Ivy Valentine versus Sophitia. Except it's only a dream being dreamt by uhh this magical little girl who reminds me of Rune Factory 4's Venti (?), or Yune + Tiki.

My form is a human dude called Raka. And I'm apparently a mercenary with this gruff Jeigan type and the three House leaders are asking for our help because there are bandits. Whee my first battle.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
4 weeks ago#3
I like Suikoden.

I like three houses.

This might be a fun topic.
Don't mess with a Bunny!

Raka_Putra
4 weeks ago#4
Alanna82 posted...
I like Suikoden.

I like three houses.

This might be a fun topic.

Do you agree with my friend's assessment?

Raka_Putra
4 weeks ago#5
So what I immediately noticed was this...Combat Arts thing? I wonder what it's about.

And even the in-battle dialogue are fully voiced! Nice! Can't wait to play fully voiced Pokémon on the console too.

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
4 weeks ago#6
It does kind of remind me of Suikoden 3 with the 3 houses thing where you choose one. (Not a spoiler, this is literally at the beginning of the game) And in Suikoden 3 you choose one of the three main characters.

I could also see hints of Suikoden 2 in the game, depending on what you choose.

Its hard to explain without spoilers. and Yes, Edelgard does look like Chris Lightfellow.
Don't mess with a Bunny!

User Info: Grimlyn

Grimlyn
4 weeks ago#7
A switch without joycons sounds weird but alrighty wooo rakks
https://gmun.moe/ffcc
GuessMyUserName's account's very own account!

Raka_Putra
4 weeks ago#8
Alanna82 posted...
It does kind of remind me of Suikoden 3 with the 3 houses thing where you choose one. (Not a spoiler, this is literally at the beginning of the game) And in Suikoden 3 you choose one of the three main characters.

I could also see hints of Suikoden 2 in the game, depending on what you choose.

Its hard to explain without spoilers. and Yes, Edelgard does look like Chris Lightfellow.

Duly noted.

Grimlyn posted...
A switch without joycons sounds weird but alrighty wooo rakks

It does lol. Whee.

Anyway, things went off without a hitch though I got scared Jarelt would kill steal the enemy boss but thankfully the latter somehow got no damage (parrying?).
Edelgard leveled up and got good gains, including Str. The yellow stoner dude only got like 3 lol. I also leveled up and got like 4 stat ups? OK.

So you can still use a weapon even if it's out of durability but with severe penalty. That's nice to know. And Combat Arts are like using up more durability for slightly better attack. OK that should add another layer of strategy.

And there are more stats here and some are new! Charisma? Looking forward to see what it's all about.

Linked attack reminds me of Awakening only nerfed a bit, which is fair enough.

The boss bandit tries to attack Edelgard but I jumped it to save her and I die whoops. Thanksfully this little tyke Sothis can save scum so I reloaded and wrecked the bandit, yay.

User Info: colliding

colliding
4 weeks ago#9
it's blue lions and black eagles

unless that was a joke? sorry.

Raka_Putra
4 weeks ago#10
It's almost 1 and I have work today so time to sleep. But I chose Leicester because...the other two look generic lol.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Honey, We Bought A Switch, or: Raka Plays Fire Emblem Three Houses Blind
  • Post New Message