• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy XIV Topic

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
3 months ago#21
Kely Barneto
Aether
Cactuar
Dragoon

I recently wrapped up 2.5 and am trying to clear some of my quest backlog before moving into Heavensward content. Might look into at least doing some of the Crystal Tower and Binding Coil as well, though I don’t know that I have the time to get too into raids. Also I’m a PS4 heathen. =P
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: HeroDelTiempo17

HeroDelTiempo17
3 months ago#22
SomeKindOfJoke posted...
Rowan Burnell
Realm: Brynhildr
DC: Crystal (this place is a wasteland)

I raid as BLM and just got E4S down a couple weeks ago.

Yeah the big problem is it's so hard to sight read and it comes right at the end of the fight, so you're putting in 9 minutes at a time to maybe see 10 more seconds of the fight that might not even teach you anything because it kills you so fast. At least Titan puts all the hard stuff at the beginning (and that fight is really fun)

Yeeeeep. I pug raid and this was my exact experience with 2. The DPS check is so tight (or at least it was at launch) and it's literally a make-or-break segment after 9 minutes.

Didn't clear the last two fights before my sub ran out (got to smokers in e3s though which is something) and it'll be harder to clear now so idk if I'll continue raiding. But I am looking forward to the EX trial this patch!
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

User Info: HeroDelTiempo17

HeroDelTiempo17
3 months ago#23
JonThePenguin posted...

I recently wrapped up 2.5 and am trying to clear some of my quest backlog before moving into Heavensward content. Might look into at least doing some of the Crystal Tower and Binding Coil as well, though I don’t know that I have the time to get too into raids. Also I’m a PS4 heathen. =P

Definitely do Crystal Tower. Binding Coil is worth doing at some point for the story but it's outdated content that no one does anymore. What you'll need to do is get a premade group together to go through it at max level.

Also I'm a PS4 heathen too so don't worry. I used to be on PC though and I miss my DPS meter.
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
3 months ago#24
Crystal Tower isn't particularly difficult nor a big time commitment. It's not like 25-mana WoW raids in the slightest -- plus you can probably just get carried anyway lol.
E come vivo? Vivo!

User Info: ExThaNemesis

ExThaNemesis
3 months ago#25
This is oddly timed because I was just about to make a "help me decide what class to play" coz a friend and I are about to start FFXIV

I don't really understand the base class and then job thing going on, seems like they made that unnecessarily complicated. Can you just keep leveling up the base classes or do you have to specialize?
"undertale hangs out with mido" - ZFS
Smash Ultimate Switch Code: SW-6933-1523-8505

User Info: Leafeon13N

Leafeon13N
3 months ago#26
SomeKindOfJoke posted...

Yeah the big problem is it's so hard to sight read and it comes right at the end of the fight, so you're putting in 9 minutes at a time to maybe see 10 more seconds of the fight that might not even teach you anything because it kills you so fast. At least Titan puts all the hard stuff at the beginning (and that fight is really fun)

Yeah it feels like more but there are only 3 Cycles per fight(5 Quietus casts).

I'm not even sure each Cycle even takes 5 seconds, the speed caught me by surprise the first couple of times.

User Info: Leafeon13N

Leafeon13N
3 months ago#27
ExThaNemesis posted...

I don't really understand the base class and then job thing going on, seems like they made that unnecessarily complicated. Can you just keep leveling up the base classes or do you have to specialize?

Your base class just kind of turns into the advanced job it isn't really any sort of drastic change.

User Info: SomeKindOfJoke

SomeKindOfJoke
3 months ago#28
The class/job thing is basically a weird holdover from the awful 1.0 version of the game. Essentially for story purposes you are starting as a weaker form of the traditional Final Fantasy jobs, and then as you become more powerful/important you get a fancier title, but for gameplay purposes it's a linear progression throughout; you're not actually specializing.
What is this, some kind of joke?!
Go, then. There are other worlds than these.

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
3 months ago#29
As an example, I started as lancer, and then at a certain point I got the dragoon job crystal so now I'm a dragoon, but it's all the same story as you do the class/job questlines.
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion

User Info: ExThaNemesis

ExThaNemesis
3 months ago#30
JonThePenguin posted...
As an example, I started as lancer, and then at a certain point I got the dragoon job crystal so now I'm a dragoon, but it's all the same story as you do the class/job questlines.

Alright awesome that clears up that confusion.

Thanks guys.
"undertale hangs out with mido" - ZFS
Smash Ultimate Switch Code: SW-6933-1523-8505
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy XIV Topic
  • Post New Message