• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy XIV Topic

User Info: X_Dante_X

X_Dante_X
4 weeks ago#181
the rewards are basically cosmetic at this point, the most notable of which being a mount after I believe 30-ish days of questing. I'd put it off until you're a higher level, since the difficulty of them don't scale and they go from a huge nuisance to a joke
boring and mundane signature
Now with more bold! Less Italics due to bold
Level 50 get!
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Challenge!

User Info: Dantezoid

Dantezoid
4 weeks ago#183
Aww yeah time to earn them poetics tomestones for literally everything you do
Boring and mundane signature informing you I'm on a Droid
Now with more bold! Less italics due to bold.

User Info: Not_an_Owl

Not_an_Owl
4 weeks ago#184
LordoftheMorons posted...
Level 50 get!
grats

Since it isn't really explained anywhere in game here's how gearing works at old level caps. Whenever you do an instance at a level cap (50, 60, or 70) you'll get something called Allagan Tomestones of Poetics. You can check how many you have by opening the Currencies window (by default it's control+C) and click to the Battle tab. You can then use Poetics to buy Ironworks armor and accessories from Auriana in Mor Dhona. Weapons work a little differently - you buy an Encrypted Tomestone and 10 Rowena's Tokens (Poetics) from Auriana and then trade them to Aelina for your weapon.

Ironworks gear is noteworthy because it's the best stuff you can get before gaining access to Ishgard (without spending money on the market board, at least). If you Augment it (by buying Carbontwine and Carboncoat from Auriana, then taking those and the gear you want to improve to Drake in Hyrstmill in the North Shroud) it'll be item level 130, better than anything the MSQ will give you until roughly level 55.
Besides, marijuana is far more harmful than steroids. - BlitzBomb
I headbang to Bruckner.

X_Dante_X
4 weeks ago#185
Not_an_Owl posted...
(without spending money on the market board, at least).

hey you can get Kinna weapons from PotD !! (I actually did that since my group took so long to get to HW lol)
Is it worth getting anything more than a weapon?

I guess I'll probably try and clear all of the RR dungeons before moving on to the expansions anyway.
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Challenge!

X_Dante_X
4 weeks ago#187
Weapon is definitely the best, but I'd just get the gear as you accumulate tomestomes.

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
4 weeks ago#188
LotM, have you beaten Ultima Weapon yet? If not, you have a LONG way to go before you get to the expansion.
E come vivo? Vivo!
LordoftheMorons posted...
Is it worth getting anything more than a weapon?

I guess I'll probably try and clear all of the RR dungeons before moving on to the expansions anyway.

Yeah it's worth getting the gear. You will get TONS of tomestones going through old level cap dungeon. And the stuff you get from leveling g up to 60 is only marginally better than Ironworks. Especially if you augment it, it will last you those entire 10 levels.
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

User Info: Dantezoid

Dantezoid
4 weeks ago#190
Tl;dr for these responses:

Get the gear, but don't bother stopping what you're doing to grind the tomestones to get them now since the game will throw so many at you
Boring and mundane signature informing you I'm on a Droid
Now with more bold! Less italics due to bold.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy XIV Topic
  • Post New Message