• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NBA Discussion Topic

User Info: MZero11

MZero11
1 month ago#361
Good game Shattered

Orlando held Booker under 30 that's pretty impressive
MZero, to the extreme
Listen to Advokaiser's bracket, this may be our last chance
Booker absolutely won that game though. 1 steal (plus an assisted steal) and 2 stone cold 3's with under a minute remaining.

Magic fans were miserable after the game because we were missing literally half our rotation (5 players out) but then we still had the game in hand and choked it. Some blamed the refs (which 2 minute report backed up) but really just don't commit multiple turnovers when you're up by 4 points with 58 seconds left. Make them foul you or at least take the full shot clock.

Could be a long week for us with 5 more road games to come and 2 look unwinnable (B2B against both LA teams)

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#363
The Raptors went from "we can win despite missing our best players" to "yeah maybe missing our best players and giving end of the bench guys major minutes isn't the best thing".

It never ends too. For every starter that returns from injury, two more take his place. It's crazy that this team is keeping pace with the top of the East.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: SeabassDebeste

SeabassDebeste
1 month ago#364
davidponte posted...
The Raptors went from "we can win despite missing our best players" to "yeah maybe missing our best players and giving end of the bench guys major minutes isn't the best thing".

It never ends too. For every starter that returns from injury, two more take his place. It's crazy that this team is keeping pace with the top of the East.

it's incredible what you've done. but yeah, losing a top player can result in a short term burst, but long term, talent shines through.

... which doesn't explain how indy is ALSO doing it, but whatever
yet all sailors of all sorts are more or less capricious and unreliable - they live in the varying outer weather, and they inhale its fickleness

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#365
I'm very afraid of seeing the Pacers in round 1 with a healthy Oladipo. Every East team should want to avoid the 3-6 range because those are going to be very tough matchups to get in the first round.

I'm hoping the Raptors can get healthy enough to make a run for second because the talent level drops significantly in those final two spots. Only two games back despite literally not being healthy all year!
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
1 month ago#366
ya go my Spurs
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
https://i.imgur.com/WqDcNNq.png
Magic fans are currently arguing amongst themselves whether we should try drop out of the playoffs as we know we have little chance against anyone in the first round.

I'm of the opinion you get to the playoffs to try continue a winning culture but I'm surprised by how many people just want to tank if you can't contend. Like it's pretty rare to go from early lottery to contending. It's a gradual process but most fans just think that the only way up is getting a good lotto pick. It's not even like we could fall into a decent lotto pick either, would be like 12-14 range at best.

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
1 month ago#368
ShatteredElysium posted...
I'm of the opinion you get to the playoffs to try continue a winning culture but I'm surprised by how many people just want to tank if you can't contend.

this is the worst thing about "The Process" because it's made this mindset widespread in every sport even though it's debatable whether it actually worked
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
https://i.imgur.com/WqDcNNq.png
(edited 1 month ago)

SeabassDebeste
1 month ago#369
it requires both luck and culture

indy right now for example is not a true contender unless they get oladipo back. and as you know well, oladipo was picked #2 overall. indy was only able to get dipo to begin with because they got lucky with paul george at #10 or something.

but 90% of top contenders have multiple highly drafted players, even if they got lucky to acquire them. it's the highest probability (and lowest skill) route to success
yet all sailors of all sorts are more or less capricious and unreliable - they live in the varying outer weather, and they inhale its fickleness

SeabassDebeste
1 month ago#370
LeonhartFour posted...

this is the worst thing about "The Process" because it's made this mindset widespread even though it's debatable whether it actually worked

the process absolutely worked! you can't call every strategy a failure if it doesn't result in a title. they have two future MVP caliber players, and that's even after bungling fultz/tatum. they've smashed both the celtics and the bucks, the 2 best teams in the east, and they almost beat the champs last year.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NBA Discussion Topic
  • Topic Closed