• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Yakuza 0 Blind Playthrough Topic *Spoiler Warning!*

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
3 months ago#41
MegamanX posted...
I wasnt gonna do a small post but....yea

So first objective head back to the other family HQ where my stepbrother is, Kiryu told Snazzy Man that his plan sort of worked. Cool, ok I am able to go home but I noticed my maps kinda changed, I was curious if things are opening up. So walking down the street a large man calls me out wants to fight, ok nothing new.

Mr Shakedown flashes on the screen

Me: ?

And then I punched him and lost money? Wtf? Whats happening. Well this is a feature I'm super not happy about. My own personal RE3 Nemesis that can take my money away :(.

Use Rush style with Kiryu, tag him once or twice then back off. It's slow but it's your best bet early on. His moves are super easy to avoid.

IIRC you can also despawn him and any other enemies that are chasing you by interacting with a vending machine or other interactable object before the fight starts.
http://goforbeau.com/

User Info: MegamanX

MegamanX
2 months ago#42
This was gonna be a long update and I did play for 4 hrs last night but well you'll see why

Underneath It All
Having finished up the do gooder punk band quest I finally headed to the alley with the girl. Almost talked to the wrong one but I remembered she had a blue scarf. So I went thru her dialog about her right to sell her crotch cloth. Kiryu goes to walk away and a creepy guy with a knife comes, pummeling ensues. The girl I originally tailed shows up to say she quits and then the head crotcheteer here also quits and she thinks Kiryu is HOT. IS KIRYU HOT? IM GOING TO POST A TOPIC IN ALL CAPS WITH PICS SO YOU CAN VOTE.

After this I didn't run into anything except the Vincent. I went inside and well things went south fast. I lost a good 3 hrs to pool and darts. >_>
XBL/PSN/:StingX2
Switch: 0675-3724-0313

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
2 months ago#43
MegamanX posted...
I lost a good 3 hrs to pool and darts. >_>

Welcome to Yakuza.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: HeroDelTiempo17

HeroDelTiempo17
2 months ago#44
Oh you have not even scratched the surface of minigame-itis in 0. Good f***ing luck
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

MegamanX
2 months ago#45
Tomorrow I'm gonna make a good 4 hr chunk and try to avoid minigames. This may fail.

User Info: bryans7

bryans7
2 months ago#46
Just a heads up for anyone else who might be interested, Yakuza 0 is currently $6.79 on humble store.
https://i.imgur.com/g8JFMhA.jpg

MegamanX
2 months ago#47
Update Time

I lied, I just noticed I have to complete minigame goals for my completion. So strap in boys and girls

First up Darts
I had never played darts before except maybe in GTA4 and that was in 2008? 2009? In Yakuza 0 its pretty simple, hold it back until you get the 1 second Kiryus hand steadies. Then let er rip, and I always go for Bullseyes! The goal was to get 10 mil Yen in winnings, theres a guy who can give you some cash if you beat him three times. Its relatively easy but inbetween games Kiryu drinks and I'm getting Watch Dogs flashbacks of my head hurting.

The guy who comes in who offers 1 million yen per win is a jerk. I ended up waiting til I got sober and just grinded out the wins 1 million at a time instead of trying to win multiple

TASK COMPLETE

Then it was time for Puzzle Pool
This is actually a neat idea. You need to hit the cue ball cinto a ball to get into a hole without moving the stacks of money or 8 balls on the table. Easy and bet of 3 million yen makes this one really fast.

TASK COMPLETE

Completion Points at 18

I also grabbed the Combination shots required but the Carom shot was too difficult for now, Also played a round of Golden Ball for a different later requirement.

Completion Points at 20

Afterwards I found myself in the Champion District and at the bar Earth Angel. Its here I noticed I need to order everything from these establishments. That seemed daunting until I realized they checkmark what I buy. But whats really cool is the explanations of the alcohol I order. Really like that level of detail. Real or fake, game food/drink has always fascinated me.

In the bar in this area I encountered a small substory "Kamurocho Undercover". There is a reporter at the bar whose hoping to buy a gun off a dealer who uses the bar to meet clients at. You walk away a bit and then come back to save him. He buys the gun sucessfully to complete his piece that likely gets him killed offscreen later and gives you the gun. Yay?

Substory Complete: Kamurocho Undercover

I went to start on the karoakes, which ehhhh dont like me much so far when IRL we got a severe tstorm and tornado warning....so I'm gonna stop here
What do you mean by blind?
This is quite a username I have here.

MegamanX
2 months ago#49
bump sick with flu

User Info: WazzupGenius00

WazzupGenius00