• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review Zone

User Info: Dedue

Dedue
4 weeks ago#21
How is CS3 gonna be for me who has never touched anything other than CS1 and 2? I know people have said it's gonna be a PROBLEM, but nobody has said whether or not it's going to outright make the game BAD or not.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
4 weeks ago#22
Dedue posted...
How is CS3 gonna be for me who has never touched anything other than CS1 and 2? I know people have said it's gonna be a PROBLEM, but nobody has said whether or not it's going to outright make the game BAD or not.

play the other games
Video Game Music Contest 14 winner: Terraria Calamity - Scourge of the Universe

Dedue
4 weeks ago#23
That's not going to happen, so I'm really just interested in an answer.

User Info: colliding

colliding
4 weeks ago#24
I honestly have no idea how anyone has CS1 > CS2. It's one of those majority opinions that just baffles me. CS1 is extremely boring except for it's ending. It has moments where it's slightly more interesting but it's so slow. I though CS2, while also being boring at points, at least had the get the gang back togetheraspect. And the battle system was better.

All that said I still like CS1 and 2. I just don't think I'll ever be able to do another playthrough.

User Info: Snrkiko

Snrkiko
4 weeks ago#25
i can say this now

cs1 is outstandingly mediocre
...Snrk.
And theeen, we do stuff like, 'Persona!' with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows...

Dedue
4 weeks ago#26
colliding posted...
I honestly have no idea how anyone has CS1 > CS2. It's one of those majority opinions that just baffles me. CS1 is extremely boring except for it's ending. It has moments where it's slightly more interesting but it's so slow. I though CS2, while also being boring at points, at least had the get the gang back togetheraspect. And the battle system was better.

All that said I still like CS1 and 2. I just don't think I'll ever be able to do another playthrough.

I went over this in my recent playthrough, but the entire second half of CS2 after the party is formed feels like dull, uninteresting filler. Because of the structure, there is no dynamic at all to the events. All plot and cutscenes are you and the relevant character, because anybody can be in the party, so nobody actually has any in involvement in the scenes therein. Everything from the world opening up until the final dungeon is a total drag. Not to mention all of the momentum of the insane finale is ruined by the hours and hours of boredom afterwards that follows with the cutaway dungeon and the completely uninteresting "final dungeon". That final day of chores might be one of the worst decisions I've ever seen for inclusion in an RPG.

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
4 weeks ago#27
Dedue posted...

My understanding is that you won't be confused as far as who people are/what's going on but that you will be missing emotional context behind some events and character actions. Interpret that as you will.
Oh woops. Putting Advokaiser in my sig like this until I think of something more clever

User Info: xp1337

xp1337
4 weeks ago#28
Dedue posted...

I don't think it'll make it bad.

One of the reviews I read did note that it wondered if content they found impactful might come off a bit more like padding if you didn't know the context/history behind it.

Overall I'd say it's not ideal but it'll probably be okay. Just go in understanding that there's going to be some character background/history that goes over your head. FWIW, reviews have said that Rean generally goes in not knowing either so you'd basically be in the position he is.
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?
(message deleted)

User Info: Leonhart4

Leonhart4
4 weeks ago#30
CS2 was clearly ahead of CS1 for most of my playthrough, but it really overstayed its welcome. I think I'd still put it over CS1 because its best moments are so good, but they're pretty close.
https://imgur.com/WqDcNNq
https://imgur.com/89Z5jrB
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review Zone
  • Post New Message