• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #4 - Girardi > Boone

User Info: ExThaNemesis

ExThaNemesis
4 weeks ago#11
Jakyl25 posted...
Even if both teams swept I don’t think the WS moves up

It doesn't, but if they even played 6 games in their series they wouldn't have as long of a lay-off.

The last two teams to sweep their LCS opponents without ever trailing a game both lost in the World Series.
"undertale hangs out with mido" - ZFS
Smash Ultimate Switch Code: SW-6933-1523-8505

User Info: Jakyl25

Jakyl25
4 weeks ago#12
Sure but then they wouldn’t have the same “momentum” as a sweep

(Also I firmly believe that momentum only exists within games, not between them)
Thank you, Eddie Guerrero.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRlKR5nU8AA_v_C?format=jpg&name=large

User Info: Jakyl25

Jakyl25
4 weeks ago#13
Also 2 is not a strong sample size

You might as well say “the last 2 National League teams to make the World Series both lost.”
Thank you, Eddie Guerrero.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRlKR5nU8AA_v_C?format=jpg&name=large

User Info: red13n

red13n
4 weeks ago#14
The Dodgers have lost to the World Series winner 3 years in a row and a near a 50% chance of making it 4.
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.

User Info: KommunistKoala

KommunistKoala
4 weeks ago#15
The Brewers led the Nationals for more innings this postseason than the Cardinals did.
does anyone even read this

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
4 weeks ago#16
I know a lot of you here are huge Yankees fans, but I'm assuming you can admit that Yankees fans throwing water bottles and baseballs into the outfield is a no class move. Yelling at players is one thing, doing something that could injure them is another.
Epic Seven IGN ZeroThe13th

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
4 weeks ago#17
RaidenGarai posted...
I know a lot of you here are huge Yankees fans, but I'm assuming you can admit that Yankees fans throwing water bottles and baseballs into the outfield is a no class move. Yelling at players is one thing, doing something that could injure them is another.
Throwing back a homerun baseball from the other team is normal dude
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso

RaidenGarai
4 weeks ago#18
Nelson_Mandela posted...
RaidenGarai posted...
Throwing back a homerun baseball from the other team is normal dude

The stuff on the field was souvenir baseballs, and water bottles. How is that okay? The Yankees PA announcer had to tell people to stop throwing stuff or they'd risk ejection.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
4 weeks ago#19
I don't think this was actually a thing that happened.

The only time I can remember something like that happening en masse was when the Braves got screwed in that one wild card game a few years ago.
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso

RaidenGarai
4 weeks ago#20
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/10/15/josh-reddick-yankees-fans-disrespectful-alcs/3992742002/

According to that, it happened last night.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #4 - Girardi > Boone
  • Post New Message