• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tompic 9: Trails in the Mist

User Info: Dark Silvergun

Dark Silvergun
3 weeks ago#41
With the Fire Emblems, I've had my experience with a few of the GBA ones, and the Gamecube release.

My strategy is to generally go slow, and maximize as many EXP points from the enemies as I can.

With healers, leveling them is perhaps one of the more difficult tasks to do in the game. What I do, is "engineer" a situation where an enemy can continuously attack a team member on your party so a healer can gain experience through repeated healing.

To make this work, you have to have a character that is strong enough to keep repeatedly take hits without dying, and also make it so only one enemy from the opposing force is actively doing the attacking to easily control the situation. Also remove all weapons from that character's inventory to prevent counter attacks, as you want the enemy to not die. Finally, make sure the healer doesn't become a desired target of the attacking enemy. A solution is to surround the healer with other characters from your team that causes an enemy to not pursue them.

One other requirement is to load your healer down with a large quantity of healing staffs, since they will eventually break after so many uses. Since the resulting experience will even out to 10 EXP per heal, using a more expensive staff will not yield any additional benefit, so consume the cheaper staffs for this purpose.

The same can be said about an enemy too, as their weapon will eventually break, causing a foe to have no way of a attacking you. [It's pretty funny to see an enemy trail after your team, even though that unit is unable to do anything else.] So, if you really want to do a lot of leveling on a particular chapter, it will take multiple enemies to achieve a large quantity of earned levels.
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
3 weeks ago#42
:D All good tricks!

BoM: y'know I had a feeling Wane and Milan would get together, I just didn't know how they were going to get Renet out of the picture. I like how this and Stormlight both have like one non-straight character and everybody is just kinda like "oh huh" and moves on. HOID SIGHTING. Also I think I have figured out that one of the reasons I am a big Steris fan is that she is one of the rare characters that reminds me of myself AND Wifebolo. (Also like my biggest pet peeve in stories is leaving the perfectly fine but boring fiancee for the exciting affair, so I was super hyped to see that subverted)

FE: WHY IS THERE A DRAGON IN CHAPTER 5 that one was kinda touch and go even before phase 2. I think I'm close to recruiting Dorothea so that's fun. I still don't entirely get how accessing magic works, or have a handle on my long-term teambuilding plans. (I'm calling it now that I wind up with like half a dozen Dark Knights) It's kinda fun because like, I've dabbled in the GBA ones, I beat the 3DS ones, and it feels like three completely different series, with different appeals to each. I like the teambuilding and time management and characterization here, the graphics and general battle mechanics of GBA, and the shipping, QoL improvements, and Casual Mode of 3DS.
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Soon I will be done with the troubles of the world
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#43
Tom Bombadil posted...
I still don't entirely get how accessing magic works, or have a handle on my long-term teambuilding plans.

Everyone has a spell list for themselves. What they can access depends on 2 thing class and skill level. Classes with access to magic will be able to use magic, but aren't limited to magic only. Skill levels are raised via lessons or use. My advice would be to have Byleth also learn some magic so he can give better lessons, plus his list of spells is good.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Dark Silvergun

Dark Silvergun
2 weeks ago#44
Thanks Tom! ^_^

Oh no, 3 days with no comments, we need to fix that!
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.

Tom Bombadil
2 weeks ago#45
FE: it's a bummer because I have way more people that have good magic than people than I want to be magic classes. I guess I could just roll up to endgame with everybody as a dark or holy knight plus some gremories and mortal savants or whatever.

BoM: THE SHIP IS HAPPENING also some shooty shooty whacky whacky.

Ensign Sue: Beated! A good time. Ye olde comics catchup is on deck if anything is even still updating these days :\

Tom Bombadil
2 weeks ago#46
BoM: ok but the spoiled tomato

BTE 62-63: THE DM :D Kinda wish it didn't come up on a day I was watching in the lunchroom but hey >_>

Higurashi: oh man we have become bros with Ooishi!

Tom Bombadil
2 weeks ago#47
BoM: Somebody I know recently got a Parkinson's diagnosis so I feel for this probably evil science guy.

ARIA 2-14- That Newest Memory...: We realize that we don't have a painted signpole thingy for the company, so Akari is put in charge of painting one, prompting some reflection on our history and a visit from the Grandma lady.

Ciconia: There are SO MANY ways this whole LATO intervention thing can (and probably will) go south quickly! My money's on a LATO heel turn, but a big bomb is a close second. ....looks like both maybe? Anyway I wonder what Toujirou was hiding behind Maricarmen. Ain't no way that is a mere throwaway fanservice gag.

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#48
BoM: I'm more into the implications of Alec than I am Alec himself. For a sec I was hoping he was a Forger.

CHIKARA Don't Eat the Black One: Hero/Kings v. Quack/Men at Work. Some pretty good spots and comedy bits this time. And the tripleteam pummel move from Fire Pro! Storm gets a face in peril sequence that kinda outlasts my attention span if we're being honest. Heels over. (**1/2)

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#49
Les Mis: man that bit about girls needing dolls like women need children has not aged real great but it's nice that Cosette gets some love!

BoM: that seems like an awful lot of power for a dude who jobbed to early Vin to have put away. Also, dang.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
1 week ago#50
to be fair, she did have access to a substantial portion of the power of a god
Thus is our treaty written; thus is our agreement made. Thought it the arrow of time; memory never fades. What was asked for was given; the price is paid
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tompic 9: Trails in the Mist
  • Post New Message