• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tompic 9: Trails in the Mist

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#31
Smash: I got a quick match in with Terry. Felt pretty good! I don't have much attachment to him and doubt I will be good at remembering or inputting the specials but should be fun to mess with on occasion, and the stage is kinda interesting.

FE3H: Finally got it going after archiving Smash (until I get a MicroSD) and downloading forever. I kept myself mostly out of the loop on this, and it's a bit jarring so far- I was expecting "Awakening/Fates but it's in school and you can customize a lot." Looks like they made it significantly less anime and tropey in the graphics and characterization, which is not necessarily a bad thing but will take a bit for me to get used to. Maybe all the pairing up stuff is gone too? And weapon durability is back, which is not a thing I'm happy about. The rest of it, jury's still out. Not sure I'm digging the in-battle graphics, though- everything in the tutorial fight was super fancy but I had trouble parsing the map. We'll see! I'll probably like it but it'll take more getting used to than I expected. The characters I found interesting were scattered pretty evenly among the three houses and I didn't wanna look up anything, so I took the advice of going with blue first.

Bands of Mourning: whoa it is a flashback
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Soon I will be done with the troubles of the world

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
4 weeks ago#32
Tom Bombadil posted...
Maybe all the pairing up stuff is gone too?

No, that's still in. But it's unlocked later in the game. And even then it works differently.

Tom Bombadil posted...
Not sure I'm digging the in-battle graphics, though- everything in the tutorial fight was super fancy but I had trouble parsing the map.

You can adjust the camera. I'd suggest pulling it back as much as possible for better movement. Also adjust the speeds. Oh, and remember to have fun.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#33
Bands of Mourning: man Wax has had kinda a rough life huh. Also if we don't get these crazy kids married I am going to be unhappy.

FE3H: About to go smack down the bandits some more I guess? I'm enjoying all the micromanaging and talking to people I can do, although I could see myself getting tired of that eventually. It's in danger of being TOO sandboxy for me, as much as I enjoy that. I probably should have a long term plan for my dudes, but right now I am just working on getting them qualified for beginner classes. (and intermediate if they're set, and maybe snagging those three star talent things) Having to manage motivation and recruit people for choir and make lesson plans and such is not too far off my IRL job so that's certainly a thing. >_> Early favorite characters are Dorothea, Raphael, Ingrid, the guy who likes to take naps, the tomboy archer, Edelgard, and the other two girls I have. Looking forward to the green hair dude's heel turn. Also looking forward to learning more than like two names. ......so hey wait is the weapon triangle even a thing these days?

OracleGunner
4 weeks ago#34
Tom Bombadil posted...
so hey wait is the weapon triangle even a thing these days?

Not really, but you can get skills that make it so.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6

User Info: Dark Silvergun

Dark Silvergun
4 weeks ago#35
Oh, that's right, only certain early PS3's had the PS2 backwards compatibility. Ouch....

However, if you so inclined to try it, how about Demon's Souls, that game was only released on PS3, and was not released on any other platform, not even PC, nor can you find it on Steam or any other online streaming service [although, I believe it's available on PSN, but still only runs on the PS3], making it one of the true PS3 exclusive titles that is still exclusive to this day.
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
4 weeks ago#36
I hope the PS5 has PS3 bc.
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#37
Souls kinda scares me but it also interests me, so I'll keep that in mind!

BoM: Well the wedding is on for a later time so I'll give it a pass I guess?

FE: Took down some bandits. Wonder if the church is gonna be good guys or bad guys this time around? I feel like FE usually has the church as a positive and....pretty much every other game doesn't. But Rhea talking about "how foolish it is to turn blades on the church" gives me pause. Also no weapons triangle is weirding me out.

Tom Bombadil
3 weeks ago#38
FE: Have been slamming this one pretty hard! Fire Emblem isn't usually a "one more turn" kinda game, but now I have micromanaging to do and it's a dangerous combination! I am pretty sure we're the baddies here somehow, although I'm not entirely sure what's going on. I feel like characters are a lot more nuanced than usual for FE, and I'm down with that. It's kinda overwhelming trying to figure out what direction I'm going with everybody, but it's fun. We're starting to get into Intermediate classes now but the plot hasn't really taken off yet. If I'm correct that A) I will be playing through once with each house B) with the same character C) but resetting most of everything, my plan is to S-Rank Dmitri this time, Dorothea on her house's run, and the other one I'll be sad all the girls are straight I guess.

BoM: oh man Wane is actually gonna move on? Whoa. Also Steris just keeps getting more and more quality. Also I had a dream the other night where I was Batman in some sort of crazy multi-verse crossover and speed bubbles were the key to beating the bad guys. I also dreamed that Steris got unceremoniously written out and/or killed off between books.

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
3 weeks ago#39
Steris is amazing, especially considering when she is first introduced she seems like she will be bad or at most boring.
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#40
Tom Bombadil posted...
and the other one I'll be sad all the girls are straight I guess.

You can recruit from the other houses. Just raise your bonds to B.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tompic 9: Trails in the Mist
  • Post New Message