• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tompic 9: Trails in the Mist

User Info: Dark Silvergun

Dark Silvergun
1 month ago#21
EG: Holidays Unwrapped
3 days
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.

Dark Silvergun
1 month ago#22
EG: Holidays Unwrapped
1 day
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
4 weeks ago#23
oh wow somehow it's the three body problem now how did that happen??
Video Game Music Contest 14 winner: Terraria Calamity - Scourge of the Universe

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
4 weeks ago#24
One thing if you're gonna do Extella. It is a long game in the sense that there's a visual novel to read through as you play. So if you aren't feeling up for it, don't play it until you're willing to sit down and read through the plot and the PLOT.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#25
I don't like when my polls get stuffed but since it was a joke I'll let it slide. >_> Dark Cloud 2 is the winner tho.

OracleGunner posted...
It is a long game in the sense that there's a visual novel to read through as you play. So if you aren't feeling up for it, don't play it until you're willing to sit down and read through the plot and the PLOT.

so is there a catch or
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Soon I will be done with the troubles of the world

OracleGunner
4 weeks ago#26
Tom Bombadil posted...
I don't like when my polls get stuffed but since it was a joke I'll let it slide. >_> Dark Cloud 2 is the winner tho.

OracleGunner posted...
It is a long game in the sense that there's a visual novel to read through as you play. So if you aren't feeling up for it, don't play it until you're willing to sit down and read through the plot and the PLOT.

so is there a catch or

Multiple routes, plus different characters per route. And then there's unlocking the secret character. So it'll take a while and it's possible to get lost in the plot. Not that PLOT. Though there are swimsuit costumes if you're interested in that PLOT. Basically it's a time sink and I found it better to focus on it than play it alongside other games.

Alternatively play Extella Link, it's not a precise sequel, so no particular knowledge of the previous game is needed, but it is somewhat helpful. And the combat is better. Bigger cast too.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#27
Oh gotcha. Well I don't think there will ever be a time where I really knuckle down and sink into a single game, so that'll be rough, but at least I am used to lots of reading and plot so maybe I'll be able to figure it out.

Disgaea: Tried to start the next chapter, got beat down pretty badly. Think I can beat it if I play smarter but that was kinda demoralizing.

so uh hey fun fact my PS3 is not actually backwards compatible. Fs in the chat. Then I guess the poll is actually a tie between Gunnerkrigg and CT. Now normally I'd have Wifebolo break the tie, but there is actually a specific reason I no longer want to do Gunnerkrigg next. I also don't super want to play JRPGs for dang ever without a break or a chance at catching up on my untried games, but too bad, Chrono Trigger wins the tie! (Gunnerkrigg and Three-Body will get there eventually. Probably.)

In the meantime what ARE we playing? Fate and Touhou got a vote each, which is neither impressive nor underwhelming. FE:3H, Golf Story, and Goose Game are all calling my name to be purchased. After spending a good half hour talking myself in a cirle, I have settled on FIRE EMBLEM. Fate is probably next up once I am not A) playing EVEN MORE video games at once than usual B) two of which are VNs C) while playing a lot of Grand Order and running a Fate writing project and watching a buncha Fate stuff with Wifebolo.

....but if I'd known I'd need to archive Smash to install it, and the download would be multiple hours, I probably would've decided differently ~__~ I guess this gives you time to tell me what house I should be or whatever but man I just wanted to play a few hours of a new game tonight why is that so hard

Dark Silvergun
4 weeks ago#28

DC2 wins, Awesome!

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#29
well about that <_>

OracleGunner
4 weeks ago#30
Tom Bombadil posted...
I guess this gives you time to tell me what house I should be or whatever but man I just wanted to play a few hours of a new game tonight why is that so hard

Blue Lions, Golden Deer and Black Eagles is what I would refer to as the recommended order. But I'll admit to doing it backwards since I liked the characters in Black Eagles more. Just in case look up the students per house and the pick.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tompic 9: Trails in the Mist
  • Post New Message