• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. House in Fata Morgana time.

User Info: Dedue

Dedue
3 weeks ago#51
Alright, time to go all out. BACK TO THE PAST.

I am reaching the point where I'm terrified of the game ending soon. That said, I just read the blurb, and apparently the studio says they consider this release to be a triple pack of 3 full games? What??

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
3 weeks ago#52
Dedue posted...
Alright, time to go all out. BACK TO THE PAST.

I am reaching the point where I'm terrified of the game ending soon. That said, I just read the blurb, and apparently the studio says they consider this release to be a triple pack of 3 full games? What??

There's two 'side story' games that are essentially additional content meant to be played after Fata Morgana is finished. Both of those are much shorter then the base game. Fata Morgana has a fully complete story, the other stuff is just extra.
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.

Dedue
3 weeks ago#53
In my research I've also found out this dev and writer haven't done any other games yet.

The thirst is going to be ROUGH after this.

I already have the AO3 page bookmarked out of desperation.

Dedue
3 weeks ago#54
Lord...it's over...

I'm just...I don't know what to think. I still have all this bonus content as well, but I still feel so satisfied as is. I'm still processing how impactful a game that was for me...it might be my favorite....

I've spent the last year really contemplating exactly what I'm looking for in games nowadays, exactly what genres impact me most and I find myself finding the highest amount of appreciation in, and this may just take the cake.

KamikazePotato
3 weeks ago#55
You stayed until the credits were over, right?

The ending of Fata Morgana made me cry like a b****.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Dedue
3 weeks ago#56
Yes, of course. Same here.

I am hoping the bonus content does not...taint the experience in any way. I don't know what it actually is yet, but I'm always wary in situations like this.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

KamikazePotato
3 weeks ago#57
I still haven't read the bonus content - not because I've heard bad things (quite the opposite) but because I felt so satisfied with the main game that I didn't feel the urge for more. Its been more than a year and I still haven't exited the honeymoon phase. I suppose I should read it, though, considering I...you know...paid money for the new edition and currently its sitting on my shelf. Looking very nice, but still just sitting.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Dedue
3 weeks ago#58
I've already come to accept that "gameplay" is far and away the least important factor of a video game for me nowadays, which to some may cause confusion because...why even still play games? I reject that, as stuff like, looking strictly at games I played this year, Edith Finch, Somnium Files, and of course Fata Morgana, are absolutely the experienced they are BECAUSE they're games, even if "gameplay" is barely even a factor. Hell, I just put over 200 hours into 3 Houses, and the part where two dudes hit eachother on a map never really meant anything to me.

At the same, games I recently played that were huge AAA release, like Control and Spiderman, are clearly quite excellent games...but they made absolutely no impact on me whatsoever. It's been less than a month since I've played either, and they're both totally out of my mind, and I could forget I ever played them and it would change nothing.

This game....is never going to leave my mind.

User Info: GANON1025

GANON1025
3 weeks ago#59
Fata Morgana is my favorite VN, and probably one of the best stories I’ve ever experienced. I’ll say that the bonus content does not disappoint, at worst it just fills in some gaps with the other characters. You have things that are impactful but also fun. There’s a story that shows Michel and Giselle post-ending going on a date. I was wary of this at first because I thought the ending was perfect, but it was still fun to see. Also my least favorite character in the story finally gets some comeuppance....
https://i.imgur.com/G17qCv1.gif

Dedue
3 weeks ago#60
This first bonus story OST is GOOD
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. House in Fata Morgana time.
  • Post New Message