• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Thank you AGAIN Board 8

User Info: GenesisSaga

GenesisSaga
1 month ago#1
I may not have a beautiful wall o' text explaining how Board 8 changed my life for better or for worse, but obviously it has, and charon said it better than I ever could anyway so I'll keep this short: Planning a wedding is hard to do! So I thought why not let Board 8 help? I mean you guys have been instrumental to my life since I joined you during the Game of the Decade 2010 contest almost 10 whole years ago, so maybe B8 can keep on contributing in the future. I've already got vague ideas in mind for the dress, cake, wedding band, and color scheme, but nothing else aside from the time, date, and venue is concrete. A lot can change between now and April 17th, 2020 so if anyone has any suggestions, particularly if you've been down this road before or you want to share your experiences this can be the topic. Thanks in advance for any help, and I love you a-... I love almost all of you!
"If you never spread your wings, how can you know whether or not you are truly meant to fly?" - ME!!

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
1 month ago#2
Have a giant game of Disney Gauntlet with your guests.
darkx

User Info: Llarian

Llarian
1 month ago#3
Yoooo I'm in the floral/decor industry, so any questions you got in that area, just hmu

General advice:
>stick to color instead of feeling the need to select specific flowers [which is an intimidating learning curve that too many clients think they need to master before they even call us]
>bring in a color swatch of bridesmaids' dresses/ribbon for the florist to keep on file
>use Pinterest to organize your preferences on general look and feel
>the better the vendor responds, the better the vendor. You don't want someone who will ghost you as your wedding date approaches.

in other news we have been down this road before, @Tom_Bombadil got hitched 4 years ago so all this info is still fresh. We did do our own personal Super Mario themed touches but otherwise embraced the autumn season.
halfway between Audrey Hepburn and Alex Kapranos
(edited 1 month ago)

GenesisSaga
1 month ago#4
That is all great advice, thank you. I'll admit I did kind of want to do my favorite flower, but it doesn't even come in my favorite color so I'll stick with the theme instead.
"If you never spread your wings, how can you know whether or not you are truly meant to fly?" - ME!!

User Info: Ryokles

Ryokles
1 month ago#5
Oh I know wedding stuff! Let me know whatever you need help on!
Ryoko
Dude I've always been crazy. Now I'm just focused - Extha

User Info: RPGlord95

RPGlord95
1 month ago#6
Cheap out on everything.

We spent hardly anything and had a fantastic day.
Whiskey Nick on his cell phone
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat." -Warrior

GenesisSaga
4 weeks ago#7
^That's the plan! It's not about how much you spend, but how you spend it. I've already got a friend who has graciously agreed to DJ free of charge (of course we're going to compensate her for her time anyway), and on a similar note I'm working on the wedding playlist a bit today.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If it helps, both charon and I are huge Disney nerds, we love video games, particularly horror and RPG, and both of us like alternative music, though his tastes lean more goth, new age, and industrial, and mine lean more punk, techno, and soft rock.

He's going to help too, but so far we've only locked down 3 songs and I think we need about uh... gee I forget how long the ceremony will last, but let's aim for 50. Better too many than not enough because I'd rather we not have to loop the soundtrack.

RPGlord95
4 weeks ago#8
I received rave reviews for the playlist from our wedding 2 weeks ago. I'll post the playlist when I get home if I remember. It was super heavy on guilty pleasure songs and some B8 in jokes.

I had 93 songs on the playlist to cover from 6pm to midnight and used almost all.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: The Mana Sword

The Mana Sword
4 weeks ago#9
save my favorite wedding guest
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Gylgamesh501.png

RPGlord95
4 weeks ago#10
Oh God. Do a wedding guest gauntlet as a party game.

Make everyone hate each other.

HOW COULD YOU ELIMINATE GRANDMA FOR COUSIN SUAREZ!?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Thank you AGAIN Board 8
  • Post New Message