• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime and Manga Topic 272: You Are Now Stone Free

User Info: Sceptilesolar

Sceptilesolar
4 weeks ago#401
I like Hanebado too, though I wasn't aware the ending had been translated yet?

The matches with Nagisa were easily the high points of the series, although Ayano's nastiness was also very fun.
Just killing time until the world ends.

User Info: Reg

Reg
4 weeks ago#402
Mac's got this special ability known as "Can Read Japanese". The translation is indeed not finished (unless it's being posted somewhere I don't know about <_<)

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
4 weeks ago#403
Mac Arrowny posted...
Don't think I mentioned it in here, but I read through Hanebado a few weeks back. Pretty good manga! The early parts have a lot of weird comedy and fanservice that doesn't work very well, but the author forgets about that and makes it a lot more serious after a couple volumes. The later content is mostly great, so it's too bad we won't get more anime to cover it. I did like the anime version more, though. I think it did better at portraying Ayano's evil style, and it had less Connie. The end of the manga seems to think that the reader cares more about Connie than most of the main characters for some reason, but she was never particularly interesting to me, and didn't really earn her place in the conclusion.

Yeah I have similar thoughts. The anime started with the tone of the later manga and I found that more enjoyable. Really wishing for a S2, tho that'll almost certainly never happen.
"Let's all go play nagasaki. We can all get vaporized. Hold my hand, let's turn to ash. I'll see you on the other side."

profDEADPOOL
4 weeks ago#404
Reg posted...
Mac's got this special ability known as "Can Read Japanese". The translation is indeed not finished (unless it's being posted somewhere I don't know about <_<)

Sadly it's not based on what I've seen either yeah. Hopefully it doesn't take too long tho.
"Let's all go play nagasaki. We can all get vaporized. Hold my hand, let's turn to ash. I'll see you on the other side."

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
4 weeks ago#405
Symphogear AXZ beated. The first half was pretty weak, honestly. Probably the weakest part of any Symphogear. I think the main culprits were the villains and the stakes. It felt like nothing meaningful happened in any of the episodes, and the series' villains were pretty crap (the weakest group of the first four seasons, I'd say). I don't think the villains really got better (though they get less stupid later on, so that was good), but the show kinda pulled it together in general. Stakes felt higher, and the last battles were fun, and there was a fun recurring theme of pairing up characters who weren't usually together which made things feel more fresh.

The show kinda feels like it's running out of steam in general though, since each season is kinda the same thing over and over again, and it feels like the good guys should be way more powerful than the bad guys at this point considering what they've accomplished in earlier seasons. I'm a few episodes into the final season, which mostly feels like it's trying harder and it's more enjoyable because of that, but the villain group is still lame, unfortunately.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

User Info: FL81

FL81
4 weeks ago#406
The Konosuba movie is tomorrow
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/konosuba?date=2019-11-12

For those of you like me who completely forgot when it was supposed to air until just now ;>_>
Placeholder signature until ImgTC comes back online

User Info: Reg

Reg
4 weeks ago#407
FL81 posted...
The Konosuba movie is tomorrow
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/konosuba?date=2019-11-12

For those of you like me who completely forgot when it was supposed to air until just now ;>_>

No showings close enough to me to justify trying to fight rush hour traffic on a weeknight, though.

If it were on a weekend or mid-day or something without urban rush hour I'd have gone (or may have gone tomorrow), but I'm pretty sure I'd spend at least 25% (At a generous estimate) longer in traffic trying to get to/from a theater than I'd spend actually watching the movie and f*** that.

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
4 weeks ago#408
Watched four episodes, and I think I'm dropping Given. The pacing is insanely slow. Feels like nothing ever happens. Just kinda boring most of the time. The first episode was the best one, since they played a song and did a good job with the performance. I dunno, maybe they blew their budget there.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

User Info: WickIebee

WickIebee
4 weeks ago#409
Felt like sharing this, since plenty of fans here.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/monogatari-kodansha-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

Humble Monogatari stuff.
I'll just go back to gifs. Not like the winner was gonna click my topic.
https://i.imgur.com/SXyi7uX.gifv

profDEADPOOL
4 weeks ago#410
WickIebee posted...
Felt like sharing this, since plenty of fans here.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/monogatari-kodansha-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

Humble Monogatari stuff.

Hol up a second did I miss the LN's getting digital releases
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime and Manga Topic 272: You Are Now Stone Free
  • Topic Closed