• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime and Manga Topic 272: You Are Now Stone Free

User Info: Dedue

Dedue
1 month ago#41
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
So turns out it was extended clips from what they said was the first 3 episodes

Overhaul's meetup scene with the LoV, All Might bringing in Mirio to introduce Deku to Nighteye, and Deku actually meeting Nighteye and the first half of their whole encounter

Kind of disappointed it wasn't just the full first episode but whatever there was good stuff. Although I have been hearing about the premiere being an original recap episode, and that would kind of line up with saying what we were showed was "stuff from the first 3 episodes"

I KNEW it, those fiends.

Dedue
1 month ago#42
Caught up on Witch Hat Atelier.

This is an EXCELLENT manga, probably now one of my favs, at least up to the point it's at. Definitely not one to sleep on.

I greatly anticipate an eventual adaptation.

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
1 month ago#43
What is it about?
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

Dedue
1 month ago#44
It's a world where everyone has the capacity to use magic because it's all based on the drawing of glyphs, but because of its misuse of the past the public doesn't know what, and only a select few are actually trained in the use of it as "witches" under the assumption of the masses that they were born with the ability. Main character is a girl who was tricked into using magic by the bad guys and turned her mother to stone, now training alongside other girls in order to find a way to turn her mother back.

There's a lot more to it, of course, that's just the basic chapter 1 premise.

This comparison may not feel right to some, but to me, it's what if all the mystical Shierke sections of Berserk were turned into a whole manga.

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
1 month ago#45
Finally got back to watching Index season 3 and boy do I have absolutely no f***ing clue what on Earth is happening right now.

In other news I watched episode 1 of Bokuben season 2 and this show is still great.
Oh woops. Putting Advokaiser in my sig like this until I think of something more clever
(message deleted)

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
1 month ago#47
I'm impressed it got a second series so fast.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
1 month ago#48
@Robazoid

Robazoid posted...
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl was indeed pretty great. I rewatched the anime season over the last two days in preparation for the movie, and I'd say the movie was similar in quality, a solid 9/10.

Regarding what prof spoiler-tagged That really cleared up the ending for me, so thank you. I hadn't made the connection about Mai's movie helping Shoko, and my confusion over why she was okay for some reason was my only real problem. That makes a lot of sense and understanding it makes the movie a whole lot better.

Anyway, I appreciated how the plot kept twisting. I put together the clues about Sakuta's heart early on and worried that would be some big reveal at the end but oh no, they get that one out of the way a few minutes later and then it start getting into some great and unexpected developments!

So yeah, good movie. I hope there's more Rascal anime content in the future!

The LN's aren't far enough along for a full season of anime yet, so I'm hoping we just get more movies rather than waiting for enough LN's to come out personally.

And yeah I mean it's not actually confirmed she got a heart donated in time, but the fact that they specifically call attention to a film that did well, and was about a girl with a heart condition makes me think they're trying to indicate the film increased the amount of people with donor cards, and like... we've seen things like that happen in real life when things like Elvis got vaccinated on TV... so I choose to believe the reason Shoko got a heart was because of Mai's movie, cause that makes the ending so much better, and like... there's literally no reason to mention the movie if it wasn't why Shoko got her heart. But yeah it's really not explicit, and rather easy to miss if you aren't giving it your full attention, which is maybe not great... But you can't really say it explicitly either without it being way too expositiony so I dunno if there was a better way to handle it.
"Let's all go play nagasaki. We can all get vaporized. Hold my hand, let's turn to ash. I'll see you on the other side."

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
1 month ago#49
profDEADPOOL posted...
Why is everything I'm truly interested in this season a sequel

I mean this season has some really good sequels.
Oh woops. Putting Advokaiser in my sig like this until I think of something more clever

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
1 month ago#50
pyresword posted...
profDEADPOOL posted...
Why is everything I'm truly interested in this season a sequel

I mean this season has some really good sequels.

You're not wrong, but it's still feeling really weird.
"Let's all go play nagasaki. We can all get vaporized. Hold my hand, let's turn to ash. I'll see you on the other side."
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime and Manga Topic 272: You Are Now Stone Free
  • Post New Message