• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. [B8BOC] Board 8's Best Original Character - A Tournament

User Info: BlueCrystalTear

BlueCrystalTear
1 month ago#1
Okay, so in @Johnbobb's top 5 topic, he suggested a "Save My B8 OC" when I asked him for his top 5 ideas for SMCs. I didn't like the idea of a Save My, as people would have zero investment once their character was out. The idea germinated into a 32-entrant tournament where B8ers vote on each other's original characters, based on who they like. This isn't the "Most Powerful OC" contest, after all.

Each user will be allowed one nomination. Johhbobb is guaranteed a nomination. The following rules apply:
-It must be a wholly original character created by the nominating user.
-This character CAN have been inspired by an existing character, people in your real life, people in your dreams - whatever.
-It may not be a crossover or direct ripoff of a character subject to copyright. This includes but is not limited to gender-bends, alternate timeline selves, and new versions of existing characters.
-It CAN be a character in someone else's universe provided the character is not mentioned in the official work in any way.
-If you don't have a character to nominate, you're free to create one just for this contest.

For example, "check it out, here's my new Spider-Man!!" is not allowed, even if said character is a female not mentioned in any Spider-Man media. A new crime-fighting partner for Spider-Man will work, provided it's not one that already exists and doesn't have anything to do with spiders.

Any questions, let me know.

To nominate a character, I'm going to need some propaganda to display in matchups, so people have a basis on which to vote. The following are required:
1. An image. Can be hand-drawn, computer-generated, put together using an online avatar service, made in The Sims like mine (the Create-A-Sim demo is free), whatever suits you. You may not use an image of a real person or Photoshop an existing person (including actors) into your character. This image must be something you created yourself using the tools available to you.
2. An introduction. Have your character, using THEIR voice, introduce themselves in a paragraph. Can include as many details as you want.
3. The basics. Who are they? What is their job? Their age? Their character flaw? Whatever details they're not explaining that we need to know, fill us in. Don't summarize their whole story - who'd want to spoil it? One character flaw is required.

I'd like to have an even playing field, so I ask you don't go to the lengths of adding things like musical themes or entire anthologies that people can read if they want to. This is meant to be a brief synopsis of the character. Characters will NOT be attached to users in the matchup topics - this is about the characters.

My nomination below can be used as an example. Please note you don't have to make an entire flyer. I can make you one if you'd like.
https://i.imgtc.ws/VWrFk1R.jpg

This will be open until all 31 other entrants are nominated, after which the bracket will be randomly generated. If it will take you a while to throw your nomination together, please confirm your interest first. Thanks and happy nominating!
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
1 month ago#2
@azuarc
Video Game Music Contest 14 winner: Terraria Calamity - Scourge of the Universe

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
1 month ago#3
I don't have a character, but I've gotten into writing recently so... maybe?
Hello again.

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
1 month ago#4
Yes, I'm interested, and I already have a character created; I just need to fill in some of the necessary nomination details (image, paragraph about them in their voice).

Also, your ping didn't work, so @Johnbobb.
"I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
You won the CBX Guru Contest, Advokaiser! Bully for you!

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#5
is it cool if people use art they've gotten of their character from other people? I know quite a few people with OCs they've actually bought art for that they'd probably prefer to use
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#6
Obrov Netvor from Scarlet's RPG

https://imgtc.ws/i/kEqbdwD.png

"Man, don't make me talk about myself, it's not a fun story to tell. Was born as a big, ugly f***er, and got abandoned for it. Fosters, teachers, kids... nobody was really a fan of me, but I still worked my ass off to try and make it through school, only to be taken in by an insane scientist. I thought I had found a home with him, only for him to use me as a test subject, warping my mind along with my face, and then discard me. I'm particularly strong and durable, so after dropping out I found steady factory work to get me by, living alone as the giant monster of the slums... Still, can't help but want to do something better. Find a way to prove I'm more than what my looks suggest."

-7'4", ~500 lbs.
-Combat oriented in the RPG he comes from, with partial invulnerability and a signature studded wooden club.
-Constantly wears a mask over his face. Underneath, it is horrifyingly deformed and covered in various burns and scars. Similar marks litter his body.
-While good at heart, he's a loner who is distrusting of others and easily angered.
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: Pirateking2000

Pirateking2000
1 month ago#7
Interest tag
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama

User Info: Zigzagoon

Zigzagoon
1 month ago#8
Might do this for Artemis if I'm not feeling lazy
~Silver_Ermine~
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9r5hhXQbJ1rbct63o1_500.gif

User Info: BlueCrystalTear

BlueCrystalTear
1 month ago#9
Johnbobb posted...
is it cool if people use art they've gotten of their character from other people? I know quite a few people with OCs they've actually bought art for that they'd probably prefer to use

That is absolutely okay, yes. Should've been a little clearer that one of the "tools available to you" is commissions on DeviantArt and similar sites.
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
1 month ago#10
tag
VGMC13 champion: Ar Nosurge - Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. [B8BOC] Board 8's Best Original Character - A Tournament
  • Post New Message