• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Survivor Island of Idols/BB21 Discussion - Rob and Sandra are conspiring b****es

User Info: Espeon

Espeon
3 weeks ago#21
And to finish the trifecta:

TAR5 > TAR29 > TAR3 > TAR22
TAR30 > TAR25 > TAR12 > TAR2 > TAR1 > TAR17
TAR18 > TAR27 > TAR13 > TAR26 > TAR31 > TAR14
TAR11 (only one I have yet to watch)
TAR9 > TAR19 > TAR21 > TAR23
TAR10 > TAR28 > TAR15
TAR4 > TAR7 > TAR16
TAR20 > TAR6 > TAR8 > TAR24
Inviso's Most Adorabl-est Eeveelution Ever
http://i.imgur.com/SSw6M9E.gif

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#22
8 isn't outright awful, it's just boring and undermines the spirit of the show. It isn't outright offensive like other bottom tier seasons.
darkx

Espeon
3 weeks ago#23
Underleveled posted...
8 isn't outright awful, it's just boring and undermines the spirit of the show. It isn't outright offensive like other bottom tier seasons.

It’s not OFFENSIVE, but I remember it being an actual chore to get through. Even though I had the Weavers and Paolos for most of the season, I CANNOT remember another season where the quality of the tasks and race course was SO LOW as to lessen my enjoyment.
Espeon posted...
EoE was mostly inoffensive and had a good ending.

It had a good ending? WTF. It was one of the worst endings in any reality show I've ever seen. Stopped reading your post there. (And I didn't want Devens to win either, but it was so unsatisfying regardless).

BB10 way too low. BB13 and TAR3 way too high.
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#25
So it's pretty clear that since hitting the 20s and especially the 30s Survivor has become a shadow of its former self. I've compiled a list of some of our biggest complaints and would like to see how everyone emphasizes them. How would you all prioritize the following (from most important to least important) in terms of making S41 and beyond better?

-Fewer/less intrusive twists
-Fewer returnees
-More character-focused editing
-More balanced editing
-Reversion from recent format changes (F4, FTC, etc)
-Diversion from thematic casting
-More diverse casting (race, age, region, personality type, etc)
-More diverse locations (at this point we may as well call this one "Get out of Fiji")

These are all things that production has control over, of course. For me I would say it goes...

1. More character-focused editing
2. Fewer/less intrusive twists
3. Reversion from recent format changes
4. More diverse casting
5. Fewer returnees
6. More balanced editing
7. Diversion from thematic casting
8. More diverse locations

Though to be honest, all of them are pretty important to me. It's a bit of an odd thing so I didn't include it, but I would also love to see the occasional "throwback" season (16 players, merge at 10, jury at 9, F2, and minimal twists).
darkx
1. More David vs. Goliath type editing - a good balance of character, gameplay, and actually showing funny little moments
2. No silly themes
3. Fewer advantages, idols, and swaps
4. Get out of Fiji
5. No more mixed returnee/newbie seasons

That's it.

Underleveled posted...
4. More diverse casting

wtf have you even seen the IOI cast? If you don't think that's diverse enough, then you're asking for more recruits that will do nothing because they don't know the show. This isn't a complaint AT ALL.
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#27
BlueCrystalTear posted...
wtf have you even seen the IOI cast?

To be honest I actually haven't and probably won't until the premier. I took a brief look at some leaks months ago and I remember a couple of names (a Molly and a Lauren I think?) and that's about it.
darkx

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#28
BlueCrystalTear posted...
you're asking for more recruits that will do nothing because they don't know the show.

Also I kind of alluded to this in a post in the previous topic, but at this point I'd welcome more recruits because the superfans are becoming far too gamey.
darkx

Espeon
3 weeks ago#29
EoE’s ending was great because A. Rick didn’t win, B. Gavin wasn’t awarded a win for mediocrity, and C. It always brings me joy when production gets f***ed over after shoveling bad twists and themes onto a season (see: Sophie winning SoPa). Chris has to be the WORST possible winner to come off of EoE (from a production/editing standpoint), so him winning and making Jeff mad at the season is great.

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#30
Espeon posted...
Chris has to be the WORST possible winner to come off of EoE (from a production/editing standpoint)

Eric would have been worse, and maybe Julia as well.
darkx
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Survivor Island of Idols/BB21 Discussion - Rob and Sandra are conspiring b****es
  • Post New Message