• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8's Top 100 Video Game Characters: The Bracket + Results & Discussion

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
3 weeks ago#71
Yesterday's results:
- Kirby > Midna, 14-9
- Sans > Leon Kennedy, 14-9

Can anyone explain why Sans has done so much better in this contest than any other Undertale character? Also shown: Kirby is a real contender, considering which Midna fared just fine - she was even leading at first.

Vote in today's matches (not including the tiebreaker, since I'm dumb and forgot about it) here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78099687
"I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
You won the CBX Guru Contest, Advokaiser! Bully for you!

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#72
For s***s and giggles I went through past lists and found that only one character has made the top 10 in all 10 lists, and that is Samus. Additional props to Cloud, Squall, and Link, who all had perfect top 10 attendance in each of the first 8 lists, but dropped out after 2010 once board demographics shifted. Out of further curiosity I tallied the number of times ever character has made the top 10 and here's what we have:

Samus Aran - 10
Solid Snake - 9
Cloud Strife - 8
Link - 8
Squall Leonhart - 8
Mario - 7
Phoenix Wright - 6
Celes Chere - 5
Kirby - 5
Magus - 5
Yuna - 5
Auron - 3
Miles Edgeworth - 3
Kefka - 2
Mega Man - 2
Sonic the Hedgehog - 2
Vivi Ornitier - 2
Big Boss - 1
Bowser - 1
Estelle Bright - 1
Kanji Tatsumi - 1
Kratos - 1
Luigi - 1
Mega Man X - 1
Tidus - 1
Yuri Lowell - 1
Zero - 1

Probably the most interesting thing to me is the list of characters sitting at 5 appearances - Kirby and Magus, who seem low there, and Celes and Yuna, who are shockingly high there.
darkx
(edited 3 weeks ago)

MetalmindStats
3 weeks ago#73
Edgeworth, Bowser, and Luigi also seem surprisingly low to me, and the entire 7-8 group is higher than I would have expected.

Yesterday's results:
- Sonic the Hedgehog > Samus Aran, 17-11
- Maya Fey > Sephiroth, 17-12

These margins are plenty interesting in their own right: Sonic had maybe the best match of his life, in any GameFAQs setting, but will he be able to stand up to a high-tier Ace Attorney character the way Knuckles thoroughly wasn't? On the other side, Sephiroth lost by exactly the same margin as Travis Touchdown two rounds ago: not terribly surprising, but it makes me wonder if Travis had actual strength or if low-vote wonkiness is responsible.

However, there was something more surprising to make note of this time: the strong correlation between votes for each winner / votes for each loser. Specifically, 12/17 Sonic voters also opted for Maya, while 7/11 Samus voters also opted for Sephiroth. At certain points in each match, their blocs looked even more monolithic.

Vote in today's matches (including the tiebreaker this time) here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78101882

MetalmindStats
3 weeks ago#74
Yesterday's results:
- Phoenix Wright > Donkey Kong, 19-6
- Ike > Kefka, 12-11

Even if Phoenix has been scoring SFF the last two rounds, he has looked absurdly dominant to this point. He finally faces a character who might contend next round, but I could just as easily see that turning into more SFF.

Also notable: Ike v Kefka II proved to be about as close as their first bout; Kefka cruised early, but Ike ultimately pulled a classic heroic turnabout with the final two votes to go where Mario, Link, and Samus didn't.

Vote in today's match, between Estelle and Missile, right here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78104197

MetalmindStats
2 weeks ago#75
Yesterday's results:
- Missile > Estelle Bright, 14-11

That Joker match looks more and more like a fluke, though to be fair, Estelle didn't fare too badly in her defeat.

Vote in today's match here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78106461

User Info: th3l3fty

th3l3fty
2 weeks ago#76
Underleveled posted...
For s***s and giggles I went through past lists and found that only one character has made the top 10 in all 10 lists, and that is Samus. Additional props to Cloud, Squall, and Link, who all had perfect top 10 attendance in each of the first 8 lists, but dropped out after 2010 once people who hadn't been regulars in years stopped being rallied.

fixed that for you
thelefty for analysis crew 2008 imo -transience
I have a third degree burn in flame-o-nomics -Sir Chris

MetalmindStats
2 weeks ago#77
Yesterday's results:
- Garrus Vakarian > Dick Gumshoe, 13-12

Garrus did what Snake and Luigi couldn't, knocking off a major Ace Attorney character.

Vote in today's match here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78108861

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
2 weeks ago#78
Alright.

I don't dislike AA or anything but I didn't want to see a final four of them either.
Hello again.

MetalmindStats
2 weeks ago#79
Yesterday's results:
- Zelda > Kazuma Kiryu, 14-13

That match was a real back-and-forth duel, with Zelda finally scraping up a win with the last vote.

Vote in today's match here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78111196

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
2 weeks ago#80
Sick

Zelda and Glados are carrying most of my interest in this tbh
Hello again.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8's Top 100 Video Game Characters: The Bracket + Results & Discussion
  • Topic Closed