• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8's Top 100 Video Game Characters: The Bracket + Results & Discussion

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
4 weeks ago#1
Hello everyone, and welcome to the long-in-progress bracket contest version of tazzy's Top 100 Video Game Characters project. During the course of said project, someone pointed out that exactly 128 characters reached the tiebreaker voting phase or better, and I decided to run with that observation in the logical and obvious way.

Without further ado, here is the resulting bracket:

https://challonge.com/B8VGC

It is officially open for predictions as of right now, which is why I opted to host it on Challonge over Bracketmaker, which requires those who wish to submit predictions to register accounts first. Predictions will be open for roughly 3 days, until the outset of the first four matches at 3:30 PM PDT on Thursday, September 19. From there, this contest will have four matches per day through the end of the second round, two per day in the third round, and one per day from the fourth round through its conclusion.

In order to ensure that each set of matches starts at about the same time, as well as for a backup for my planned vacation sometime next month, I will be cohosting this contest with kind volunteer @MZero11. Along the lines of maintaining scheduling consistency, we will be running tiebreakers on a 1-day offset from the end of the original tied match whenever possible.

Oh, and I took the seeding directly from tazzy's project, using the phase 3 rankings of the top 103, followed by the number of votes each character who didn't make the top 103 received in the tiebreaker phase. I broke ties that persisted from there alphabetically.

Well, that's all I have to say here. I'm looking forward to a fun contest for everyone who participates!
"I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
You won the CBX Guru Contest, Advokaiser! Bully for you!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Snake5555555555

Snake5555555555
4 weeks ago#2
Cool, this should be fun.

Did a faves prediction

James Sunderland > Jill Valentine
Claire Redfield > Leon Kennedy
Claire Redfield > James Sunderland
I've decided to put my fears behind me. I'm not going back.
https://i.imgtc.ws/2Q88rI4.gif - https://i.gifer.com/E07R.gif

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
4 weeks ago#3
Nice.

Snake > Estelle
Monika > Samus
Monika > Snake

Even when she loses in round 1, she'll still be the winner to me.
Hello again.

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 weeks ago#4
That's Final Fantasy Gilgamesh, right?
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety

MetalmindStats
4 weeks ago#5
TheArkOfTurus posted...
That's Final Fantasy Gilgamesh, right?

Indeed. I labeled all the participants exactly as they were during the course of tazzy's project, but in retrospect, that's perhaps a bit unclear in this case, so it's clarified now.

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
4 weeks ago#6
King of All Cosmos > Gundham
Kirby > Max Caufield
Kirby > KOAC
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: malyg

malyg
4 weeks ago#7
Yuri > phoenix
Ammy > ocelot
Yuri > ammy

MetalmindStats
4 weeks ago#8
Bump.

MetalmindStats
3 weeks ago#9
Less than 24 hours remain to submit a prediction (or a favorites bracket, if you're so inclined)!

User Info: Rolycoly

Rolycoly
3 weeks ago#10
Bedtime bump.
MetalmindStats on mobile, and also as a Pokemon.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8's Top 100 Video Game Characters: The Bracket + Results & Discussion
  • Post New Message