• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Contest Stats and Discussion - Part 1325
Just the one FAQ?
Agent Triple Zero at your service!
This line reserved for the true greatone, Advokaiser, the 2018 Guru Contest winner.

User Info: AxemRedRanger

AxemRedRanger
3 weeks ago#292
Advokaiser posted...
I'm gonna take a wild guess, 'cause... why not. If tomorrow's poll goes something like this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/6521-got-pokemon-sun-or-moon

...I expect the "moved on from the series" percentage to almost reach 40%.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7782-got-pokemon-sword-and-or-shield

They changed some of the options but it looks like those who weren't interested regardless is stable from the Sun/Moon poll at right around 49-50% of the site and an additional ~11% are pissed enough at the changes that they're not picking up Sword or Shield.

Worse than you figured!
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
[NO Advokaiser NO PEACE]

User Info: Advokaiser

Advokaiser
2 weeks ago#293
I think it depends on how you interpret the poll. As of right now, if we combine the 4th and 5th options ("upset with the cuts" + "used to be a Pokémon fan") it gives roughly 37%, so technically I'd be around 2% off my guess.

The head-stratcher for me here is the last option. It... shouldn't be so high. I'd figure "never been a Pokémon fan" =/= "never played a game in the series" just fine, but it's kind of hard for me to process the percentages between them.
It's an honor being part of Board 8's community.

User Info: AxemRedRanger

AxemRedRanger
2 weeks ago#294
~7% of people having played at least one Pokemon game but not really ever having liked any of them makes enough sense to me. If anything I'd figure it would be higher given that the Sun/Moon poll indicates a series playrate above 80%.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
[NO Advokaiser NO PEACE]

User Info: Advokaiser

Advokaiser
2 weeks ago#295
Okay, so taking both polls into account, what percentage of the fanbase would you guys say has moved on/grown tired of the series?
It's an honor being part of Board 8's community.

User Info: Logience

Logience
2 weeks ago#296
Maybe like a third or quarter of the fandom, although they’ll still buy it anyways.
>unironically playing video games

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
2 weeks ago#297
Why in all these polls of the day I always see people that keep their old consoles? I mean you can play the old games via PSN/XBOX Arcade/Virtual Console. I don't get it.
So why we exist? What happens when we stop existing?

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
2 weeks ago#298
Not everything is on the PSN/VC/etc and some people like to keep their older consoles and handhelds
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Surskit

Surskit
2 weeks ago#299
I've kept every one of my old consoles. Even as a kid, I'd take excellent care of my consoles and games, and I love playing the games the way they were originally meant to be played. Some of those games aren't available in the newer systems either. It's not like I use them frequently but unless I'm ever in need of a desperate buck, I'll keep my console.
.-#Elements of Water#-.

User Info: neonreaper

neonreaper
2 weeks ago#300
Nostalgia and hobby were my main reasons, though I recently sold everything off. I don't think current products (VC, services, NES Classic) are a total replacement but they fit my current needs.
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Contest Stats and Discussion - Part 1325
  • Post New Message