• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Contest Stats and Discussion - Part 1325

User Info: Advokaiser

Advokaiser
1 month ago#251
Oh, I missed this:

MetalmindStats posted...
PrinceOfKoopas posted...
Tentacool would get the most anti-votes.

I disagree, simply because pretty much only people who have played the Hoenn games would antivote it, and their playrate doubtless pales compared to RBY here.

Tentacool would be anti-voted because that's the only Pokémon you encounter on your way surfing from Fuchsia city to Cinnabar Island. In the Hoenn games, Tentacools are mixed with Wingulls/Pelippers.
It's an honor being part of Board 8's community.

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
1 month ago#252
Oh nice to see my post getting some answers. For me I classify this

Port=The same game on another system. Maybe an extra mode or something like that is added.
Remaster=A graphical update usually. Maybe an extra mode just for good measure.
Remake=The game but completely made up from the start again with almost the same story and some extra stuff.
So why we exist? What happens when we stop existing?

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
1 month ago#253
I actually agree on everything but remake.

Remake needs to maintain some sort of core element to the game, not necessarily the story. For RPGs, yeah, it's the story. For something like a platformer, where the story is almost irrelevant, a remake vs a sequel is going to be defined by something more core to the experience. Level and enemy design would be big ones for me.

Like Simon Belmont kills Dracula is not a story that matters. Countless more story simple franchises have a ton of remakes if you're using story as the criteria.

Is Sonic 2 a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog?
Is Mega Man 2 a remake of Mega Man?
Is Super Mario Bros 3 a remake of Super Mario Bros?

It only doesn't sound absurd on its face because Castlevania eventually got a bit more story heavy over time and has a revolving door of main characters, but that higher plot standard doesn't retroactively apply to earlier titles.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

Advokaiser
1 month ago#254
There's only one way to settle this as civilized men...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78124586

Safer_777
1 month ago#255
So just a random question. Why is Halloween just a huge holiday there in USA? I mean it is not a Christian holiday and Americans are, or at least were, very religious.
I have seen what happens in movies of course and have read stuff but seriously. I guess it just kinda happened right?

User Info: AxemRedRanger

AxemRedRanger
1 month ago#256
Because people thought it was fun and businesses found it marketable.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
[NO Advokaiser NO PEACE]

Safer_777
1 month ago#257
Guess that makes sense.

Advokaiser
1 month ago#258
Pokémon and Death Stranding performing exactly as I expected. Shenmue III and RDR2 performing way worse than I expected.

User Info: PrinceOfKoopas

PrinceOfKoopas
1 month ago#259
Daylight Saving poll is the most important poll, for the future of western civilisation.

ABOLISH IT.
For the best videogame commentary story on the Internet (sometimes featuring GameFAQs poll of the days and contest discussion) visit https://www.koopatv.org

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
1 month ago#260
keep it forever and never fall back again

darkness at 5 P.M. too depressing
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
https://i.imgur.com/WqDcNNq.png
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Contest Stats and Discussion - Part 1325
  • Post New Message