• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Maria Plays Final Fantasy 6 [Spoilers]

User Info: KingButz

KingButz
1 month ago#111
No, you're just choosing a party. So make sure you have 4 characters
rip imgcake

User Info: theiceisnice

theiceisnice
1 month ago#112
^ listen to him
narutocyoa.proboards.com/

User Info: SeabassDebeste

SeabassDebeste
1 month ago#113
MariaTaylor posted...
I literally just sat there listening to the music as the two shared a moment

i love ffvi!
yet all sailors of all sorts are more or less capricious and unreliable - they live in the varying outer weather, and they inhale its fickleness

User Info: redrocket

redrocket
1 month ago#114
KingButz posted...
No, you're just choosing a party. So make sure you have 4 characters

Alternatively, if you keep it at three members you can have Shadow join up with you again for this next section.
It's like paying for bubble wrap. -transience on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest

User Info: Gatarix

Gatarix
1 month ago#115
MariaTaylor posted...
I bring sabin up again.

sabin gets confused.

sabin punches himself so hard that he cures himself of confusion.

classic sabin
You put your RESOLVE HAT back on, which conveniently is the same hat as your NORMAL HAT.
{Drakeryn}

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#116
alright I'm considering the following formation:

locke
celes
sabin
cyan

obviously locke is there for story reasons, despite being one of the weaker members available. maybe he can actually steal some neat stuff now. who knows? celes is there because I want to have a dedicated healer that doesn't rely on my finite potion stock (and can group heal by simply pressing L).

for the remaining members I sort of went back and forth weighing the pros and cons.

yeah, if I bring edgar, he can two turn most enemy groups with auto crossbow. the thing is, if I'm bringing a high damage single target character anyway... okay, so... most enemy groups don't have more than 4 enemies. if sabin and cyan each kill one enemy per turn, then they will also defeat any enemy group in two turns -- same as edgar. the big difference is that having two big single target damage guys will be more useful against bosses and other large enemies that require lots of big hits to bring down.

this also means that sabin and cyan get to adventure together again.

also I thought about it, and this means that edgar is sitting back in narshe babysitting gau. what a sad fate for him...
I saw the truth, I saw endless night skies; Understanding is pain.
https://imgtc.ws/i/OObNl5s.jpg

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
1 month ago#117
redrocket posted...
Alternatively, if you keep it at three members you can have Shadow join up with you again for this next section.
It's hard to say if this is a good idea or not. Shadow is most likely not to hang long enough to the point you get your next chance to change your party. So you'll either have to backtrack or go without a party member.

On the other hand Shadow is cool, and if you play your cards right you can see exclusive scenes about him. If you do decide to take him try staying at inns with him your party.

Edit: I always bring Edgar because there's a cool new tool you can get soon for him. It's not necessary for him to be with you to get it, but I love using it so I bring him.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#118
shadow is cool, but similar to gau I find him to be a little unreliable for my playstyle. if there are more sections where you have to use multiple groups at a time I'd be interested to use him again and see how he fits into different teams. but for what I'm setting up now I don't think I'd pick him.

a new tool for edgar does sound pretty tempting. what does it do?

also if I can figure out how to get rising phoenix to work then I'll have AoE with sabin as well.
I saw the truth, I saw endless night skies; Understanding is pain.
https://imgtc.ws/i/OObNl5s.jpg

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
1 month ago#119
MariaTaylor posted...
a new tool for edgar does sound pretty tempting. what does it do?
It's a strong single target attack that has a chance to instantly kill the enemy. Although the reason I like it so much is because of a neat little detail about it. I'll leave it a surprise.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

User Info: theiceisnice

theiceisnice
1 month ago#120
I missed this tool on my first playthrough. I had to use an FAQ the first time I got it.
narutocyoa.proboards.com/
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Maria Plays Final Fantasy 6 [Spoilers]
  • Post New Message