• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Maria Plays Final Fantasy 6 [Spoilers]

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#1
in the kingdom of something or other, some agents of the empire travel to a remote mining town. two of them are actors from the star wars movie. there is also a green haired girl who is wearing a slave hat. this hat lets you know that she is a good guy and only doing bad things against her will.

we spend some time murdering dogs, humans, and a giant snail.

oh, the reason we are here is to look for an esper. hey we found it.

oh, the guy got disintegrated.

oh, the other guy got disintegrated.

green haired girl wakes up, and her name is terra. hey, I know her from the critically acclaimed Save My Final Fantasy Character series. old man removes her slave collar and sets her free. well, he wants her to run away through the mines, which are infested with monsters and bandits. and I guess if she survives she'll be free.

the alternative is stay here and get killed by the angry guards. seems like a fair deal.

I like the music in this game so far.

I've actually played through to the end of the mines before, but nothing past that. also I don't even remember any specific details about what has happened so far. I didn't even remember old man existed, I sort of just vaguely remembered that terra ended up going through the mines on her own.

gonna play some more after dinner.
Reality seems very harsh
https://imgur.com/3a03avz

User Info: Arti

Arti
1 month ago#2
best FF
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: SeabassDebeste

SeabassDebeste
1 month ago#3
MariaTaylor posted...
I like the music in this game so far.

GOAT!
yet all sailors of all sorts are more or less capricious and unreliable - they live in the varying outer weather, and they inhale its fickleness

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#4
terra spends a little bit of time walking through the mines before she is surrounded and falls into a hole. there are a lot of memories that we see in her unconscious state. basically she helped the empire burn a bunch of stuff and kill people.

a guy named locke is apparently friends with old man, and he decides to jump into a hole to save terra.

then some moogle come out to help us play a battle minigame. I definitely remember this part, but this is really the last thing I remember, so yeah. this is about the extent of my final fantasy 6 knowledge. everything after here will be a "blind" playthrough, minus any information I might have absorbed passively by existing on the internet where people discuss video games.

as soon as we leave the cave I realize we're in the same town we were trying to escape from. I spend a little bit of time in the adventuring school.

I was just thinking, you know, it's kind of dumb that we were trying to escape from this town and now we can just walk around here freely. moments later, as I'm trying to actually enter town, some guards show up and chase locke and terra away. well, fair enough.

now we head south to a place called figaro. and grind EXP by fighting some cabbage along the way. using some information I picked up from the adventuring school, I have Terra target all enemies with Fire. this proves to be incredibly effective and I can kill everything on turn 1 consistently.

we end up in a desert and my "bomb everything with fire" strategy helps avoid being overwhelmed by some scorpions. they are more dangerous than the forest enemies but barely give more EXP. with that in mind it might be better to grind in a safer area.

I found the next town but, rather than entering, decided to save on the world map. yet another epic trick I learned from the adventuring school...
Reality seems very harsh
https://imgur.com/3a03avz

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
1 month ago#5
Tag
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
1 month ago#6
Tag.
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
1 month ago#7
.gaT
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

User Info: Nrrr

Nrrr
1 month ago#8
maria's trick
I'm baby

User Info: The Popo

The Popo
1 month ago#9
What are you playing it on?
Live action Hungry Hungry Hippos though, now that was a sport. ~Aeon Azuran

User Info: Drakeryn

Drakeryn
1 month ago#10
tag
another place and time, without a great divide, and we could be flying deadly high
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Maria Plays Final Fantasy 6 [Spoilers]
  • Post New Message