• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. College Football (NCAA) Discussion Topic
I mean theoretically who would they put in if Georgia somehow managed to win the SEC? Worst case scenario for them you would have

1. Unbeaten Clemson
2. Unbeaten Big 10 Champion
3. Unbeaten Big 12 Champion

Then who do you have behind that?

1 loss Alabama or LSU who they would have beat?
1 loss Notre Dame who they would have beat?
1 loss Pac 12 champion (Oregon or Utah I guess)?
1 loss Big 10 or 12 non champion (which I guess would someone from Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Baylor or Oklahoma)

I guess the absolute worst case scenario would be for Michigan to run the table and get revenge on Wisconsin in the title game. Then you'd have a 1 loss Wisconsin and 1 loss Michigan team but even then I can't see them leaving out the SEC champ

Is there a scenario I'm forgetting about? Other than a non P5 unbeaten team.
(edited 1 month ago)
An SEC team would get in regardless in that case, since the Pac-12 gets zero respect. But let's say it's Georgia vs. Bama in the title game. Bama is undefeated going in. Georgia wins. I'm thinking that the team that lost to a "respectable" team would get in over a team with an inexcusable loss, even if that "respectable" team is the one with the inexcusable loss.

Georgia lost to a 2-3 team at home, a team that it was favored over by 20 points. That's... pretty telling how overrated the Bulldogs are this year. So I do agree that they're not going to run the table.

Also...
ShatteredElysium posted...
I guess the absolute worst case scenario would be for Michigan to run the table and get revenge on Wisconsin in the title game.

Please don't.
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
[For lease] | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

User Info: SmartMuffin

SmartMuffin
1 month ago#143
The scenario in which the SEC gets zero teams in is so unbelievable and convoluted it's not even worth theorizing about.
SmartMuffin - Because anything less would be uncivilized - http://i.imgur.com/W66HUUy.jpg
http://dudewheresmyfreedom.com/
Only way SEC wouldn't get a team in would be if they all beat each other up. Like something silly like

Florida > LSU
LSU > Alabama
Georgia > Florida
Georgia > Auburn
Auburn > LSU
Auburn > Alabama

Auburn > Georgia

That gives you a 2 loss Auburn as the champion I think? With a 2 loss Bama, LSU and Georgia. Then you would have Florida with 1 loss but not making the title game.

It's just ridiculously unlikely and honestly I still don't know if they hold out an SEC champion that had wins against LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Oregon (who may be PAC 12 champ).

SEC team is virtually a lock to get in every season unless we are talking about multiple losses to highly ranked teams like how Georgia lost today to a lesser SEC team.

User Info: ninkendo

ninkendo
1 month ago#145
BlueCrystalTear posted...
Also...
I guess the absolute worst case scenario would be for Michigan to run the table and get revenge on Wisconsin in the title game.

Please don't.

Please do
https://imgtc.com/i/iJnhdkc.gif
https://imgtc.com/i/j45EVGx.png

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
1 month ago#146
I guess the absolute worst case scenario would be for Michigan to run the table and get revenge on Wisconsin in the title game. Then you'd have a 1 loss Wisconsin and 1 loss Michigan team
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that
Official Advokaiser advocate

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#147
Aww yeah, 6-0!

I have no doubt that Wisconsin is going to win the division, but I am ecstatic nonetheless.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
If you smell what the rock is cooking he's cooking crap - ertyu

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
1 month ago#148
Penn State won. But boy the refs sure did make it hard. Holy.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
1 month ago#149
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
Penn State won. But boy the refs sure did make it hard. Holy.

Man that ref group. Every challenge you just had no idea what they would do. Was like they were flipping a coin. And this is from an Iowa fan.

Iowa's offense is just not very good though and Stanley is as inaccurate as ever. Looks like another classic Ferentz 7 win season on the way.
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: swirIdude

swirIdude
4 weeks ago#150
Alabama and LSU are 1-2 in the AP Poll. Are we going to get Game of the Century 2?
Advokaiser picked Cloud in Guru and rained on my bracket.
At least I finished 20th overall!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. College Football (NCAA) Discussion Topic
  • Post New Message