• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Spider-Man out of the MCU

User Info: NowItsAngeTime

NowItsAngeTime
3 weeks ago#211
Dabbing is never fine
I have been more into visual novels and learning Japanese recently.
With some fighting games and Switch games on the side. https://twitter.com/superange128

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
3 weeks ago#212
HashtagSEP posted...
I thought the dabbing was fine. It's clearly not meant to be an actual "Look, dabbing is cool, Hulk's cool, this is cool, our audience will like this!" thing. It was Hulk trying too hard to be cool and fit an image. It's supposed to be awkward.

This. It was totally fine.
http://goforbeau.com/

User Info: MoogleKupo141

MoogleKupo141
3 weeks ago#213
TheRock1525 posted...
The most unrealistic part about Endgame: that people will still be playing Fortnite in five years.

maybe all the good game devs got dusted so everyone was just stuck with fortnite
For your BK_Sheikah00.
At least Kupo has class and doesn't MESSAGE the people -Dr Pizza

User Info: Mr Lasastryke

Mr Lasastryke
3 weeks ago#214
i get that that scene is supposed to be awkward (including ant-man thinking the kids want his autograph too even though they don't know him at all), i just didn't think it was funny or amusing or well-written in the least. the office UK did this awkward humor style a million times better.
Geothermal terpsichorean ejectamenta

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
3 weeks ago#215
yeah that whole scene was just unnecessary and painful. I get what there were going for... it was just something that really didn't need going for
Video Game Music Contest 14 winner: Terraria Calamity - Scourge of the Universe
This whole conversation needs to be about 30% more toyetic.
Congrats on Advokaiser for winning the 2018 Guru Contest!
Yesmar

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
3 weeks ago#217
the hulk scene with the kids is great. he's finally accepted the way he always wanted to be and it's by playing along with these kids and their silly thing

this is definitely an "I dont understand kids anymore therefore this is dumb" situation from you guys
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG

User Info: XIII_rocks

XIII_rocks
3 weeks ago#218
HashtagSEP posted...
I thought the dabbing was fine. It's clearly not meant to be an actual "Look, dabbing is cool, Hulk's cool, this is cool, our audience will like this!" thing. It was Hulk trying too hard to be cool and fit an image. It's supposed to be awkward.

Sure, which is exactly my point. Those two things were added and it was relatively fine and inoffensive, certainly nothing that detracted from the movie or anything. So they found a way to incorporate something like that in a reasonable way. But a leaked email saying "yeah, Hulk should dab, that's a big thing with the kids at the moment" would likely look similarly bad to that Spider-man one, no? Although I would say the suggestions in the Spider-man one are a little bit worse. But maybe that's because the suggestions were out of context, and maybe if they were put in the movie without me having seen the email, I wouldn't really think twice about them. Depends on implementation.

Obviously I don't know if, with the Endgame examples, such an e-mail exists. But the mere existence of the thing isn't intrinsically bad until you see how they include it.
Not to be confused with XIII_Stones.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: HashtagSEP

HashtagSEP
3 weeks ago#219
Well, the difference is the tone

Hulk dabbing clearly wasn't added to actually appease the audience or anything. It was intentionally part of an awkward scene.

The Sony email was completely "We should add these things in because they're popular with Millenials!"

It'd be similar if Hulk dabbing was legit meant to be a "Oh man, look how cool Hulk is!" moment, but it wasn't. It was basically making fun of dabbing. The Sony email was full of "Do you know how COOL and FRESH and 100 and TRUE TEA and TURNT these things would be?! Did I use those words right I bet I used those words right we totally get kids!"
#SEP #Awesome #Excellent #Greatness #SteveNash #VitaminWater #SmellingLikeTheVault #Pigeon #Sexy #ActuallyAVeryIntelligentVelociraptor #Heel #CoolSpot #EndOfSig

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
3 weeks ago#220
CoolCly posted...
the hulk scene with the kids is great. he's finally accepted the way he always wanted to be and it's by playing along with these kids and their silly thing

this is definitely an "I dont understand kids anymore therefore this is dumb" situation from you guys

do you know my gimmick
Video Game Music Contest 14 winner: Terraria Calamity - Scourge of the Universe
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Spider-Man out of the MCU
  • Post New Message