• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Gauntlet Crew Ranks the Cowboy Bebop Episodes
Even though it ended up being a mid-range episode, it definitely gave the show the adrenaline shot it needed that almost never really let up ever.
I've decided to put my fears behind me. I'm not going back.
https://i.imgtc.ws/2Q88rI4.gif - https://i.gifer.com/E07R.gif

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
3 weeks ago#102
JONALEON1 posted...
charon posted...
I was questioning by the end why Spike and Jet didn't just take the chip and sell it somewhere since it was still in their possession. Certainly it's worth something to someone, somewhere. This is just one of those times I felt the show ended with them broke for the sake of it.

That would be pretty out of character for Jet imo

I mean it isn't exactly the "right" thing to do with it either, if you're referencing his ISSP background. They seemed perfectly okay with making a deal with a person who was clearly a criminal; it happened to go wrong. Why couldn't they make a deal with someone else?
:>
Truly smilin'

User Info: JONALEON1

JONALEON1
3 weeks ago#103
Spike and Jet are lazy. Anyways, the gang had the program and it's probably useless to anyone else.
Advokaiser was wiser against all the other Gurus!

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
3 weeks ago#104
I don't know, Jet never struck me as that lazy honestly. I mean he's the pilot, mechanic, cook, housekeeping etc. Spike's definitely lazy, yeah.
:>
Truly smilin'

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
3 weeks ago#105
yeah that's how I saw it too, Jet's pretty hardworking, especially compared to Spike
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

JONALEON1
3 weeks ago#106
19. Gateway Shuffle
Total: 211 pts.

Inviso - 5
Snake - 9
Gen - 14
charon - 16
Johnbobb - 18
Wickle - 18
JONA - 19
Ermine - 20
Karo - 20
Stifled - 20
scarlet - 22
KBM - 24

Inviso - I think the pacing on this episode was pretty solid. You set up the story with Spike and Jet hunting a dude, only for their hunt to get hijacked by this eco-terrorist. Then the whole eco-terrorism plotline becomes a comedy of errors when Faye gets involved, and suddenly a bunch of people are all going after the same ultimate goals and trying to stay one step ahead of one another. Ultimately, the bad guy gets her grand comeuppance, the heroes get to save the world and be badass, and this was enjoyable. We’re still not talking GREAT…but enjoyable.

Snake - The opening scene with Faye made me really happy; Faye’s spunky attitude mixed with space-themed comedy is so fun to watch. Faye is quickly becoming my favorite character in the show. I like that this episode carries a bit of a horror tone to it, especially with the body horror of humans turning into apes. Twinkle Maria is also the creepiest villain so far, with a ghastly grimace setting the tone for every scene she’s in. This episode also has one of the best set-pieces of the series so far, and it had me on the edge of my seat even though I pretty much knew everything would be fine. The virus breaking on Maria’s ship is the perfectly horrific cherry on top, and it’s one of the darker moments in the series that I’m glad they don’t show because it just leaves so much to the imagination. I’m excited now to have Faye be a member of the crew, and I’m interested with they take Spike and her’s relationship next.

Gen - Honestly the Ganymede sea rats are kind of cute and I would totally protect them if their main champion wasn't some bat s*** crazy hag. Twinkle Maria Murdock is as ruthless as she is unhinged. I love the scene where Spike is trying to open the vial containing the Monkey Business virus as she looks on helplessly, and I couldn't help but crack a smile as she gets exactly what she deserves by the end- played by the guy she mistook for an imbecile.

charon - A better episode for Faye's introduction. The crazy eco-warriors are very reminiscent of PETA for obvious reasons. The plot here feels pretty dangerous and I wasn't so sure they weren't going to succeed for a while, which isn't something too common I find myself thinking in this series. The action beats are nice and the way the episode ends is quite fitting. I initially had this one a great bit higher but realized I probably overestimated it by far too much. Still, I like it.

Johnbobb - Just a very fun time. Terrorist space-PETA and a thrilling space chase set to great music. An easy episode to enjoy.

Mickayla's thoughts:
Busy, involved, amazing. Few shows can balance so much happening without it seeming like they're trying to hamfist in plot progression
19/26

Wickle - Doesn’t take long for Fae to get stuck on her own, and at this point Spike and Jet are thrown through a loop of bounties that they ultimately were unable to claim. It was a little boring of an episode, but had its fun.

JONALEON1
3 weeks ago#107
JONA - I remembered that I wasn't a big fan of this episode but rewatching it, I definitely like it more this time around. The restaurant has a cool design for what's shown of it. The touch-screen table menus are neat. Murdock's a fun antagonist. From her PETA-like organization, to her dynamic with her henchmen, which kinda remind me of Mom in Futurama, and her singing and laugh, she's very entertaining. The monkey virus plan is just insane and I liked the Space Warriors' decoy spaceship, with a cool looking explosion and neon light signs. The hyperspace chase scene climax is pretty great. Jet's scolding of Faye for not knowing high school physics is interesting, considering what we eventually learn about Faye. Faye's interactions with the gang are great. I like how there's a scene of Faye looking at Ein mischievously, while Ein has a sad face and then when it cuts back to them, Ein's in handcuffs and Faye is free. I also like how Faye just decides to stay with them and how the Faye/Spike shower joke is told via just the audio. A bunch of fun stuff in this episode.

Favorite Song: Too Good Too Bad

Ermine - Another kind of meh episode. Low humor and just wasn't very interesting as a whole. The idea was kind of intriguing at first with the ANIMAL ACTIVISTS but as the episode went on I kinda just lost interest.

5/10

Karo - On a quest for a bounty the crew encounter a group of radical environmentalists, who are like a bunch of silly pokemon antagonists who wear f***ing dolphins on their heads because that will make everyone take them seriously as eco-terrorists. These dips***s end up as the heroes new bounties after their previous target is killed by them, but honestly if someone is immediately threatening an entire world with a super-virus, you probably want to call in the space marines rather than post up a bounty.
The episode is hard to take seriously, largely because of the aforementioned villains and it just isn’t very good regardless.

Stifled - Exciting space battles will always be a thumbs up in my book, so this episode’s ending sequence automatically makes me enjoy it. And the eco terrorist storyline was pretty cool, particularly with the weird monkey virus. My only issue, which bumped it down a bit from where I thought it would be, is that it’s a tad slower in the middle than most episodes. It certainly isn’t bad, but when ranking 26 episodes of one of the best animes of all time, the little things will be what separates the men from the women, kids, and critters.

scarlet - You should just watch the last third of the half hour, really. In much the same way that I find Star Wars: Episode I’s final act phenomenal, the hyperspace chase scene between Spike’s ship the Swordfish II and Faye’s Red Tail is as tense a battle for time as any the show produced.
Rating: 76/100

KBM - Twinkle is a potentially great, manic, Glenn-Close-as-Cruella-style villain stuck in a wildly mediocre '90s ecoterrorism storyline. Not much else to say about this one.

User Info: Inviso

Inviso
3 weeks ago#108
Yeah, I figured that one would be showing up soon.
Touch fuzzy. Get fuzzier.
Inviso

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
3 weeks ago#109
oh hey one landed about where I expected it to for once
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: NBIceman

NBIceman
3 weeks ago#110
Aww, that one feels a little bit low to me.
http://i.imgur.com/UYamul2.gif
Spurs - Yankees - Eagles - Golden Knights
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Gauntlet Crew Ranks the Cowboy Bebop Episodes
  • Post New Message