• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#81
I have such fond memories of Decap Attack. It is one of the main reasons that I bought the Ultimate Genesis Collection.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: Arti

Arti
1 month ago#82
Full Throttle Remastered (Vita)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78066347
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
1 month ago#83
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

This game has the most obnoxious gimmick I've ever seen. When you light a torch the controller lightbar starts spazzing out, alternating between yellow and red like a Christmas light. It looks nothing like a torch, is distracting as hell, and you can't turn it off. I had to put tape on the controller to hide it. Which itself was annoying because there's two holes to cover up. Smh, I can't even....

Anyway, the game itself is good! I was expecting a 'movie game' but it's really not. There's plenty of exploration and some of the areas are pretty elaborate. The village is really good. I also didn't mind the story. I thought it was pretty alright

User Info: SpoinkRulezz

SpoinkRulezz
1 month ago#84
Pokemon Ultra Sun (3DS)

Finally beat it, bought it about a year ago I think, but couldn't get into another Alola run. However, thanks to a few long sessions the past couple of months I have now managed to become the champion (final battle was fairly lame, weak Pokemon selection imo just like in X/Y).

I got my money's worth out of it, and it's still pokemon. Having said that, I don't really see myself returning to the Alola games anymore. I don't know why some games in the series I can keep replaying and others not so much, considering the gameplay differences aren't that big. I guess something about Alola and its forced "oh em gee Alolan pokemon are soooooo great!" vibe annoy me, even if I love island settings.
http://bvlifematters.wordpress.com
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: malyg

malyg
1 month ago#85
Katana Zero - Steam
Good game but it feels that it ended just before they got to the finale.

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#86
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)

This was a very good remake.

The art style grew on me overtime. It has that whole "diorama thing come to life" type of thing. It gave the characters a lot more personality as well.

I like some of the quality of life things added like the Sword, Shield, Power Bracelet and Pegasus Shoes having their own buttons and that means you don't have to go into the menu too much.

I also liked they added a few new things and surprises to make it a fresh new experience for someone that is already familiar with the original.

The remixed OST is very nice. I like how in some of the tracks they mixed them in with the old 8-bit soundtracks as little callbacks.

If there was one thing that fell a little short to me, it was the Chamber Dungeons. It's nice you can make your own Dungeons except you've been through them before only you can go in a different order.
I almost want to think Nintendo did this as a small experiment if they ever get the idea to make a Zelda Dungeon Maker ala Mario Maker.

Overall, good remake is good.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#87
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)

Oh man oh man. Iga did us good. Hooked from beginning to end.

The game isn't without its flaws though. There appears to be some trouble concerning difficulty curves. There are moments where a boss will just halt your progress by being too hard when the next couple after that will be easy. I didn't like the way the game handled this issue, which was to give you an equally cheese powerset which relied on grinding for shards. I would have appreciated just that, but to require extra crafting for extra power in itself felt like busywork at times. Although, it was fun busywork at least. At least until the endgame where you were way too powerful.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#88
Lost Dimension (PS3)

Very interesting tactical RPG. I don't give a s*** about the characters (personality-wise) or the plot, but the unique gameplay system is pretty cool and while the vision/traitor system is dumb the more you think about it, I was fully invested in it as I was worried if I would lose the characters I thought were the best (Agito and Sojiro).

I eliminated all the traitors, and I ended up with these as my final party:

Sho (obviously), Toya, Mana, Sojiro, Zenji, and Agito

My traitors were in this order:

George (I found out this was scripted), Marco, Himeno, Nagi + Yoko
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
1 month ago#89
Celeste (Switch)

Awesome game, not sure if I have the skill/patience to make it through the side-Bs and DLC though.
Congrats to BKSheikah, who knows more about years than anyone else.

User Info: RyoCaliente

RyoCaliente
1 month ago#90
Pokémon HeartGold Version (NDS)

Had to beat Lance kinda cheaply but...beat him anyway. Champion! Really enjoyed this game, it's such a good remake of games that I love anyway. There wasn't really anything added that I felt took away from the games, except maybe the distribution of TMs and locking some behind Move Tutors and the like.

Also a great showcase of the evolution of Pokemon; I consider the Johto E4 to be the weakest of all of them and one you can easily enter if you're a bit underleveled; not so much in the remakes. It didn't help that my team wasn't greatly balanced but still, it was a tough road (going back to having to healspam to beat Lance). So yeah, looking forward to the Kanto part!

My team:

Prodigy (Typhlosion) Lvl. 45
Sploosh (Politoed) Lvl. 46
Angelus (Togekiss) Lvl. 46
Ms. Mittens (Ambipom) Lvl. 45
Flowey (Sunflora) Lvl. 44
A Tree. (Sudowoodo) Lvl. 45
How paralyzingly dull, boring and tedious!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II
  • Post New Message