• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II
DK Jr
Ice Climber
Donkey Kong
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
4 weeks ago#32
The Boogie Man (PC)

Another good game.

The 3rd in Uri's Strange Men series. And I mean, I was expecting of course a return to horror. But I wasn't expecting a thrilling mystery that not only manages to tie the first and second (which is such a stretch if you've played that) game together somehow, but do it in such a way that made everything tense despite the lack of a supernatural element. There were times when the voice acting was weird but those talking bits were the strongest parts matched by the complete lack of any music used in the game. It's so refreshing to see a game that doesn't artificially dictate the mood based on how it sounds. I'd put this game as one of my def faves this year. Only thing though is the ridiculously specific set of actions you need for the best ending.

And with this, there's only 1 game left in the series. I hope its just as good.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Simoun
4 weeks ago#33
Spyro Reignited: Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage (PC)

2nd one down. I can finally put this to rest. Now I really know the mouselook trivializes everything, including the minigames. I'm not ashamed to admit it but if I couldn't do it 20 years ago on a console, then I probably can't ever do those sharp speedboost turns or the dorky flying missions.

I'm also starting to see Insomniac's inspirations for what would be Ratchet and Clank later down the line. Playing this kind of makes me want to go back to that trilogy as well. Well, maybe not the first game that was bulls*** hard.

User Info: malyg

malyg
4 weeks ago#34
Super Metroid (Switch)
73%, about 11 hours.

User Info: Arti

Arti
4 weeks ago#35
Sengoku (PS4)

Through Arcade Archives NeoGeo, short beat-em-up through five stages and a final boss. It was decent.

Tacoma (PS4)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78015200
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
4 weeks ago#36
Yoku's Island Express (PC)
Took a weird concept (pinball Metroidvania) and showed it works. I liked how it mostly plays like one giant table of pinball.
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
4 weeks ago#37
Ape Escape 2

The camera in this game is wonky, but stick with it because it's a cool and really funny game.
Also there are two really solid mini games: monkey football and monkey climbing. They are both really good

Simoun
4 weeks ago#38
Steve Jackson's Sorcery 1 (Android)

User Info: malyg

malyg
4 weeks ago#39
Super Mario World (nintendo switch)
much shorter game than i remember. dunno if i cba with special stages.

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
4 weeks ago#40
Stunt Race FX (SNES)

Ancient replay via Switch.
Yeah, the frame rate is in this game isn't exactly the greatest and it probably never was to begin with when the game first came out. It didn't bother me that much and I still had fun with this game growing up.

I find this game very charming to me still.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II
  • Post New Message