• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II

User Info: StifledSilence

StifledSilence
1 month ago#21
14. Chrono Trigger (DS)

I did a new game+ and got all the endings.
Bear Bro
The Empire of Silence

User Info: banananor

banananor
1 month ago#22
KCF0107 posted...
The Order: 1886 (PS4)

I remember this being mostly panned way back, but I always had mild interest in it, and when it was $5 on PSN several years ago, I decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did because that was great! Being more narratively-focused, it does have some interactive and pacing issues when not engaged in combat.

I agree 100%, people gave this game too much flak. It was a little short, and I'd probably be unhappy if I had spent $60 and was expecting uncharted 3 levels of quality and length, but it's not a bad game.
You did indeed stab me in the back. However, you are only level one, whilst I am level 50. That means I should remain uninjured.

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#23
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy

Didn't know this was made by the people who made Return to the Mysterious Island until the familiar interface showed up. The game was ambitious, and intriguing, but half of it was blatantly chores and the final part was suddenly timed and that ending. It's like the game didn't know what it wanted to be: a Myst clone? A fun adventure? A serious murder mystery? So this game decided it was gonna be all of that, which made the tone weird.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#24
The Lion's Song (PC)

Visually striking and engrossing adventure game that is really unique with it being centered around multiple people struggling in their respective fields (music, painting, and mathematics) in early 1900s Austria.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

Simoun
1 month ago#25
RHEM I SE: The Mysterious Land

Holy s*** that stressed me out. It's even more intricate than Myst. When I went into this, I didn't know about the special extra puzzle. Apparently, the extra reward is an item that's gonna be used in the 5th game. The ambition on this developer is uncanny!

He updates his first game 15 years after the fact, puts it on Steam, then also reworks his other 3 games so they could all have the medallion pieces for his eventual 5th game. Masterpiece.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
1 month ago#26
The Evil Within 2

It's a better game than I thought. But I still only liked it, not loved it. My issue is I struggle with aiming in these games. It's hard with an analog stick although I always try to go for headshots to conserve ammo and typically I miss, ironically wasting ammo. But I do it because I find the alternative boring, which is to run away and hide. But this game doesn't give you a ton of bullets, it wants you to play like that sadly. But later in the game you can actually get a bullet-time ability that makes aiming much easier, so I was able to enjoy the combat more. Unfortunately I got it pretty late so I got to use it for only like the last 20% of the game

Still I think the game is well-made and definitely worth it. I would just suggest getting that bullet time ability asap. As well as the ones that reduce reticle sway

Simoun
1 month ago#27
Stasis (PC)

Wow.

I haven't been this shaken since Spec Ops: The Line. This game is basically what would happen if Dead Space 2 dropped the action and just went straight up depraved. Both games already have similar elements: a Self-Surgery minigame, an infection concerning monsters and mass growth, betrayal, dead babies and children---and this game goes one step further by having a child die before the protagonist's eyes...his daugher.

And you know that part at the end of Dead Space 2 where Isaac is saved on the last minute? I always thought that was a cop-out. Without going into spoilers, let's just say this game's ending did it justice and played the whole thing straight. I've only ever seen a similar premise pushed in SOMA, but even that game had its fun moments. Stasis was a stab in the gut, and the rest of the way it was just twisting all the way inside.

Simoun
1 month ago#28
Spyro Reignited: Spyro 1 (PC)

I can finally finish this game (and its sequels soon). 100% all gems. I couldn't beat Gnorc all those years ago, but thanks to the magic of mouselook, I finally got my closure on the first try. I know mouselook trivializes most of the first game but I don't care. I expect the next 2 games will be hard still especially those f***ing minigames. Also, the flying levels are still tough and took the most of my time in this playthrough.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#29
Super Mario World (SNES)

Replay.
I played this with a friend via SNES Switch Online.
We found all 96 exits.
One of my favorite games of all time and I was happy to have played this with someone online.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#30
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)

Replay.
Played this with a friend via SNES Switch Online.
Got all the Heart Stars.
I was Kirby and he was Gooey.
Game is a lot more fun with multiplayer.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II
  • Post New Message