• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
3 weeks ago#111
Yeah, I didn't care for Undertale. I'm glad that I played, but it was a pretty average game. The pacifist battle gameplay and music were great, but it was very boring outside of battle, and the amateur writing and pacing reared its ugly head when exacerbated by the frequency and length of the text drops.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
If you smell what the rock is cooking he's cooking crap - ertyu

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
2 weeks ago#112
Transistor (Switch)

I didn't like it quite as much as Bastion, but I really, really liked Bastion. In theory I actually prefer the combat here, but it definitely got repetitive near the end whereas Bastion's different weapon load-outs kept it fresh. Great music and a very compelling and unique world. Would recommend.
Congrats to BKSheikah, who knows more about years than anyone else.

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
2 weeks ago#113
I have both Bastion and Transistor waiting to be played in my backlog. I'll get around to playing them someday.

Breath of Fire (SNES)

Replayed via Switch.
Breath of Fire is the first RPG I played and it was what got me into the genre.
One of my faves of all time.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
2 weeks ago#114
Thirty Flights of Loving (PC)

Uh, it's definitely interesting. Feels weird to post about "beating" this because it's like half an hour long and mostly just story.
Congrats to BKSheikah, who knows more about years than anyone else.

GOGZero
2 weeks ago#115
Spanky's Quest (SNES)

I used to use save states during the Boss Rush super long ago when I discovered emulators.
I'm glad I finally beat this one legit with no save states this time around.

You play as a monkey named Spanky and you have to go through towers by finding keys while you fight against sentient fruit that came to life from the evil witch that trapped Spanky in said tower. There's also a boss fight at the end of each tower.

I like the mechanic on how you attack in this game. You get a magic ball you can bounce on your head and it has 4 power levels. You can use a Baseball, Soccerball, Volleyball and Basketball. Each with their own power properties. The magic ball can also be used to stun enemies and even retrieve keys for you/grab items. Spanky can also wear different hats that can slow his descent after a jump, grant temporary invincibility, not slip on ice, make the magic ball go to maximum power after one bounce and make the ball gravitate toward his head.

Game is very fun and has a great OST.

GOGZero
2 weeks ago#116
Demon's Crest (SNES)

Replayed via Switch and got all 4 Endings.
This game is great. It's like playing a hybrid of Mega Man X mixed in with Super Metroid. Some game publications compared those games with this game and they were right.

Despite getting good reviews, it's a shame that a lot of people apparently returned the game more than when they bought it according to some stories. It just came out a bad time and didn't get much attention.

It's downright criminal this game didn't get the respect it deserved when it came out. A gem of a game. This series needs to come back to life and deserves a sequel.

Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)

Puyo Puyo Kirby Edition.
The most amusing thing about this game is Kirby's personality and how mean he is to his opponents with his trash talk.

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
2 weeks ago#117
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
A good 3D Zelda. As 3D Zeldas have been thus far. Nice dungeon complexity, cool boss fights, cool items (ball and chain!) not excessive overworld depth, and you can aim decently unlike playing any of the ports from N64. All in all probably in the top 2 of 4.
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto

KCF0107
1 week ago#118
Costume Quest (PC)

I'm glad that I had an excuse to replay this game. I would play more RPGs if they were like this.

KCF0107
1 week ago#119
Vampyr (XB1)

More positive than negative feelings toward it, but knowing what I know now, I regret not doing story mode.

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
1 week ago#120
banananor posted...
KCF0107 posted...
The Order: 1886 (PS4)

I remember this being mostly panned way back, but I always had mild interest in it, and when it was $5 on PSN several years ago, I decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did because that was great! Being more narratively-focused, it does have some interactive and pacing issues when not engaged in combat.

I agree 100%, people gave this game too much flak. It was a little short, and I'd probably be unhappy if I had spent $60 and was expecting uncharted 3 levels of quality and length, but it's not a bad game.

qft
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition Part II
  • Post New Message