• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. A Mafia Discussion topic

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#41
I'm not getting why Chris couldn't have just said "if red hammers he's scum" beforehand anyway though?

then again I'm not actually sure what kinda posts you could make during twilight that you couldn't have made during the day, except reacting to hammer, which has limited effect if the role hasn't flipped
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Tone yo' flab
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: red13n

red13n
4 weeks ago#42
Tom Bombadil posted...
I'm not getting why Chris couldn't have just said "if red hammers he's scum" beforehand anyway though?

maybe he thought for sure I was town. And then I just say "f*** it i want FD dead its tied".
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.

User Info: Meow1000

Meow1000
4 weeks ago#43
Tom Bombadil posted...

then again I'm not actually sure what kinda posts you could make during twilight that you couldn't have made during the day, except reacting to hammer

Except in this scenario he didn't.

What's universally worse is if he didn't specifically because he knew he'd have twilight to say it in.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity in numbers. ~War13104
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

User Info: Leanansidhe

Leanansidhe
4 weeks ago#44
I think Discord mafia would be super fun! I love Discord and I love scum boards being replaced by it, and dead town chat existing. I took a break from mafia for like a year and that innovation was the most surprising innovation when I got back.

My stance is posting slightly after the stop isn't really a big deal. Most of the time it's a total accident and not really meta-able. Problem is if it's not against the rules people will try to game and abuse it. I don't know that the penalty system can really be balanced - Mafia is a game with no RNG now that nobody uses Schizos. Until postgame I didn't know I was roleblocked because of a penalty and not a town action. Modkilling originally meant you didn't win with your faction, but I don't think "official" wins have ever come up once. Maybe we could do a wordpress blog with a leaderboard, or stat tracking, or colour commentary/recaps of games. That would be a lot of work but maybe fun! Is that what MU does?
Lea

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
4 weeks ago#45
What I'd prefer if we're doing mechanic things, are things that don't immediately provide new intel to the game but still are a detriment to the team.

1. If scum does it, a random town player gets a one use bulletproof that never goes away until shot. Scum will be told if they hit the penalty bulletproof with their night kill.
2. If town does it, a random scum player gets a one use roleblock shield against scans/night kills or something like that.

I actually really like the scum modkill thing, but with town I'm struggling to think of something that both hinders town and doesn't provide immediate intel. I think the core of the power up problem is that it can influence the game too easily. Something that is a penalty but has more mystery to it in terms of gained information is ideal.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

Meow1000
4 weeks ago#46
Dead town chats are about as much a waste of time as flavor texts to open days/nights imo.
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

User Info: red13n

red13n
4 weeks ago#47
Meow1000 posted...
Dead town chats are about as much a waste of time as flavor texts to open days/nights imo.

within 3 hours of being in dead town chat i got to talk more about the game than i got to in game.
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.

User Info: Leanansidhe

Leanansidhe
4 weeks ago#48
I love flavour texts to open days/night too. I'm always saddened when they inevitably trail off. If anyone ever wants flavour for a game I'm not in HMU. I don't know what Mercs 4 is but I'll fan fic it up why not
Lea
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Meow1000
4 weeks ago#49
red13n posted...
Meow1000 posted...

within 3 hours of being in dead town chat i got to talk more about the game than i got to in game.

Why does it matter at that point if you're dead

User Info: Dels

Dels
4 weeks ago#50
some people value social interaction
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. A Mafia Discussion topic
  • Post New Message