• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. A Mafia Discussion topic

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#31
Meow1000 posted...
That to me is acceptable as a compromise. Just suddenly giving scum a brand new power isn't.

There are lots of other options too. RB. Vote stuff like I mentioned. Silencing. Force replaces. Role nerfing. Publicizing or hiding info. It was an interesting exercise coming up with different options and then we picked like the worst ones <_<
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Tone yo' flab
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Lolo_Guru

Lolo_Guru
1 month ago#32
red13n posted...
Lolo_Guru posted...
is it really such a bad thing to devalue the hammer

Being able to talk after being dead is a huge balance swing. Its completely unfun to have dead town swinging at you when you are scum.

Could always have the rules prevent the one on the chopping block from speaking during twilight, just let everyone else.
Lolo

User Info: Meow1000

Meow1000
1 month ago#33
Btw Twilight is an awful idea that's horribly unfair to scum we're not doing Twilight.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity in numbers. ~War13104
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#34
red13n posted...
Being able to talk after being dead is a huge balance swing.

What about if only living players could talk, so it's less a chance to give a dying message and more a grace period?

(I assume you don't flip the role until afterwards)
Tone yo' flab
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 month ago#35
I really dislike the concept of force replace btw, just because of the severity of the punishment.

Like, if it's bad enough to warrant that, it probably falls outside of the scope of the system we're discussing and modkill has to be on the table too

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#36
It has its niche

I force replaced Pez once because my then-girlfriend accidentally let info slip to him :P

was also on the table last time I main-hosted: a town member got an anonymous PM telling him who the scum team was. But there we just ended game because it probably would've kept happening even if we replaced him. I still wanna know who that jerk was.
Tone yo' flab
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: red13n

red13n
1 month ago#37
Tom Bombadil posted...

What about if only living players could talk, so it's less a chance to give a dying message and more a grace period?

You are still letting dead players talk. What if say, I just hammered the hell out of FD and want to shoot Chris before he can say "hey red knows not to hammer FD hes scum". Now he gets to say it and I cant shoot him first.
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.

Meow1000
1 month ago#38
Tom Bombadil posted...
red13n posted...
Being able to talk after being dead is a huge balance swing.

Much better but there's still a distinct problem: You're letting town openly discuss a lynch right after it happens. Town is not supposed to be able to discuss the lynch until the next day. It's inherently unfair to scum that they get to do this instead of having to wait for 24 hours. It also can greatly affect how town power acts that night, which is also an inherently unfair byproduct.
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 month ago#39
Tom Bombadil posted...
It has its niche

I force replaced Pez once because my then-girlfriend accidentally let info slip to him :P

Right. It does, but anything that warrants that seems outside the scope of this system.

Meow1000
1 month ago#40
red13n posted...
Tom Bombadil posted...

You are still letting dead players talk. What if say, I just hammered the hell out of FD and want to shoot Chris before he can say "hey red knows not to hammer FD hes scum". Now he gets to say it and I cant shoot him first.

Yep.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. A Mafia Discussion topic
  • Post New Message