• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. A Mafia Discussion topic

User Info: red13n

red13n
4 weeks ago#21
Lolo_Guru posted...
Twilight solves all these problems. ;)

Twilight devalues hammer and rewards town mistakes. It creates its own set of balance problems as well. Not to mention people still will post after it when you have things like super early hammers.
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.
Lopen posted...
I think we're just a bit modkill happy in general.
False. This community has the opposite problem.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png

User Info: Lolo_Guru

Lolo_Guru
4 weeks ago#23
red13n posted...
Lolo_Guru posted...

Twilight devalues hammer and rewards town mistakes. It creates its own set of balance problems as well. Not to mention people still will post after it when you have things like super early hammers.

is it really such a bad thing to devalue the hammer
Lolo

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
4 weeks ago#24
Other communities are just worse then

I'm just thinking in terms of what disrupts the game and modkill has to be higher than most things

Like short of someone posting a dissertation on who they think is scum 30 minutes after night phase I'm struggling to think of what is going to mess with the game worse than someone being killed for no (game mechanic based) reason
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
4 weeks ago#25
Lolo_Guru posted...

Hadn't seen that before, but seems interesting if that's what Panth's talking about!

Lopen posted...

Possible! ...the main goal of this system would be to reduce modkills but I get where you're going.

Panthera posted...
quite a few more were late enough to be in a grey area because no one really expected day to end at that time.

yeah I think Chris and gravy were the only ones we actually punished. There was a day when like three people posted within a couple minutes of a weird early hammer but one was scum so we kinda just let that cancel out.

Panthera posted...
Hopefully these random hammers at dear god o'clock aren't a new trend in b8 mafia <_<

I'd like to think we'll learn from that as well >_>
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Tone yo' flab

User Info: Meow1000

Meow1000
4 weeks ago#26
UltimaterializerX posted...
Lopen posted...
False. This community has the opposite problem.

Also historically speaking Ulti is accurate
Never underestimate the power of stupidity in numbers. ~War13104
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

User Info: Reg

Reg
4 weeks ago#27
Forceful_Dragon posted...
Reg posted...
Agreed that working out some sort of system to penalize the specific player instead of giving bonuses on a faction basis

I could see this.

"If the player is town, scum is given their flavor and role". Would be a good way to penalize specifically that player.

I would try to err on the side of penalties that can be publicly announced without hinting/confirming a player's alignment if possible. Tom's ideas of the player needing one less vote to lynch or rescinding the player's vote for a day honestly seem good in that regard except for the fact that they break the game if applied at endgame.

Might be hard to do though.

User Info: red13n

red13n
4 weeks ago#28
Lolo_Guru posted...
is it really such a bad thing to devalue the hammer

Being able to talk after being dead is a huge balance swing. Its completely unfun to have dead town swinging at you when you are scum.
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.

User Info: Reg

Reg
4 weeks ago#29
Meow1000 posted...
Forceful_Dragon posted...
Reg posted...
Agreed that working out some sort of system to penalize the specific player instead of giving bonuses on a faction basis

I could see this.

"If the player is town, scum is given their flavor and role". Would be a good way to penalize specifically that player.

That to me is acceptable as a compromise. Just suddenly giving scum a brand new power isn't.

Keep in mind this game was literally a first run PoC for the idea. It was never going to be perfect, but we can improve it.

User Info: Meow1000

Meow1000
4 weeks ago#30
Lopen posted...
Other communities are just worse then

I'm just thinking in terms of what disrupts the game and modkill has to be higher than most things

Like short of someone posting a dissertation on who they think is scum 30 minutes after night phase I'm struggling to think of what is going to mess with the game worse than someone being killed for no (game mechanic based) reason

Certain actions are in modkill territory, like placing real life bets and bounties in the game in order to make your argument stronger. Han was once modkilled as Jack with a scum scan on me for excessively violating this. Maybe 7 years ago.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity in numbers. ~War13104
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. A Mafia Discussion topic
  • Post New Message