• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Zelda plays Danganronpa for the first time (spoilers)

User Info: tcaz2

tcaz2
3 weeks ago#111
I can forgive 11037 honestly just because it was the first case.

It's not like Phoenix Wright cases don't literally tell you who the culprit is at the start of the case with regularity (especially early on)

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
3 weeks ago#112
11037 is something that is less obvious for a Japanese audience than an English one
Patience.

User Info: kevwaffles

kevwaffles
3 weeks ago#113
I was about to say it wouldn't be because there wouldn't be Kanji for "Leon" that the game would have been using. Then I remembered that, as I understand it, Kanji for names is f***ing bonkers and they just sort of right whatever they want with no way to tell what you're actually supposed to call them, so you're probably right.
"One toot on this whistle will take you to a far away land."
-Toad, SMB3

User Info: ZeldaTPLink

ZeldaTPLink
3 weeks ago#114
kevwaffles posted...
Well, Mondo's would have been the actual worst if Byakuya hadn't saved the narrative conflict by being a world-class douche.

Mondo kind of made it challenging enough because the "e-handbook breaks with heat" was impossible to guess. And there was not much more linking Mondo to the case.

And Byakuya's thing made the case insane. My favorite one so far.

ZeldaTPLink
3 weeks ago#115
Dark Young Link posted...
That said Zelda, if you end up enjoying DR1 I highly recommend playing DR2.

I brought all three in a steam sale so that's probably a given.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
3 weeks ago#116
kevwaffles posted...
I was about to say it wouldn't be because there wouldn't be Kanji for "Leon" that the game would have been using. Then I remembered that, as I understand it, Kanji for names is f***ing bonkers and they just sort of right whatever they want with no way to tell what you're actually supposed to call them, so you're probably right.

I think you misunderstand- 11037 is still the clue in Japanese. That it’s upside down English and not numbers is obvious to an English speaking audience but not to a Japanese speaking one.
Patience.
Hbthebattle posted...
kevwaffles posted...

I think you misunderstand- 11037 is still the clue in Japanese. That it’s upside down English and not numbers is obvious to an English speaking audience but not to a Japanese speaking one.

I guess the whole thing with Kanji being bonkers explains why Japanese Sayaka would write her killer's name in a foreign language, which is something I've wondered ever since I found out 11037 was the clue in the Japanese version.
Agent Triple Zero at your service!
This line reserved for the true greatone, Advokaiser, the 2018 Guru Contest winner.

User Info: Inviso

Inviso
3 weeks ago#118
1-3 is definitely the worst chapter, but 3-4 is right down there.

2-3 is awful, but it at least has SOME redeeming qualities compared to those two.
Touch fuzzy. Get fuzzier.
Inviso

User Info: kevwaffles

kevwaffles
3 weeks ago#119
_SecretSquirrel posted...
Hbthebattle posted...
kevwaffles posted...

I guess the whole thing with Kanji being bonkers explains why Japanese Sayaka would write her killer's name in a foreign language, which is something I've wondered ever since I found out 11037 was the clue in the Japanese version.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at. I figured the numbers were still the clue in Japanese because there is a lot of dialogue about those numbers in the investigation.

For example, if you've seen Death Note, Misa incorrectly identifies Light's name as being "Moon" at first because she reads it in Kanji and it's literally the Kanji for "Moon".
"One toot on this whistle will take you to a far away land."
-Toad, SMB3

ZeldaTPLink
3 weeks ago#120
Hiro's burger was abducted by aliens. That clearly means it had pork in the mix! Huh... okay.

4th floor of the school unlocked. But for some reason the game is adamant about blocking the 2nd floor of the living area. Strange.

There is a locked room named Data Center, and the room behind it shows a Monokuma face on the map. This is totally where the Mastermind is, isn't it?

Another mysterious photo from the past. By the way, last session I wanted to write about flashback bullets and I had forgotten what they were called, so I typed "danganronpa memory bullets" on google. The results showed a bunch of pages relating to what looked like plot critical stuff. I guess because of the word "memory". There really is a memory erasing plot, isn't it?

I want to tell Kyoko about Sakura, but the PLOT demands that I don't. Now she's mad at me. It's not my fault, it's this stupid game! Geez.

"Breaking down a locked door is now prohibited" Crap. Looks like we'll have to find a Small Key first.

Deadly poisons will be provided to you for a healthy visual novel environment.

AI finished the research, but didn't reveal that much, except there was a "Tragedy", and the headmaster is involved with current events. Calling it now: the headmaster is Kyoko's father.

Toko just had an orgasm in the middle of the dining hall. She is somehow being a serious match to her GJ self in the competition for who is the weirdest. Girl's got issues. Wonder if she'll ever get a flashback or something.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Zelda plays Danganronpa for the first time (spoilers)
  • Post New Message