• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. [BOST] Best OST Contest 5 - Results and Discussion Thread

User Info: banshiryuu

banshiryuu
4 weeks ago#71
Day 18 Results!

[Celeste - First Steps] 12-15 [REFLEC BEAT colette - Following Flow]
[Eschatos - Survive] 9-19 [Spark the Electric Jester - Ultimate Final Boss]
[Etrian Odyssey V - Battlefield - Activation] 21-7 [Total Distortion - Setup]

-

Future Matches:

Winners Round 3: #48 REFLEC BEAT colette (#4 Valanga) awaits the result of Undertale/Killer Instinct (2013)
Losers Round 2: #17 Spark the Electric Jester (#6 Flower Mountain Canyon) awaits the result of Kirby's Return to Dream Land/Deltarune
Losers Round 2: #49 Celeste (#5 Celestial Resort (Good Karma Mix)) awaits the result of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru/Chrono Cross
Snubs Round 2: #2 Etrian Odyssey V (#4 Town - Source of the Morning Glow's Smiling Face) awaits the result of Tekken 7/Iridion II

User Info: UF8

UF8
4 weeks ago#72
Poor eschatos

Town themes best themes

In favs i voted against valanga but that was against hunter's chance so... It will be close

banshiryuu
4 weeks ago#73
Day 19 Results!

[Terraria Calamity - Feral Amalgamation] 8-15 [VA-11 HALL-A - Every Day Is Night]
[Undertale - Dummy!] 12-13 [Killer Instinct (2013) - .execute]
[Rewrite - Raised Bed] 10-16 [Guilty Gear X - Blue Water Blue Sky]

-

Future Matches:

Winners Round 3: #33 Killer Instinct (2013) (#4 The Tiger Warrior) vs #48 REFLEC BEAT colette (#4 Valanga)
Winners Round 3: #40 VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (#6 All Systems, Go!) awaits today's results
Losers Round 2: #1 Undertale (#6 Another Medium) awaits the results of Thousand Memories/YU-NO
Losers Round 2: #8 Terraria Calamity (#6 Filthy Mind) awaits the results of Cloudbuilt/Off-Peak
Snubs Round 2: #12 Phantasy Star Online (#5 Cry, For IDOLA The Holy) vs #44 Guilty Gear X (#4 Bloodstained Lineage)

banshiryuu
4 weeks ago#74
Day 20 (fake 19) Results!

[Caravan Stories - Muddy Warrior] 13-12 [Dariusburst - Good-bye my earth]
[Zakuzaku Actors - Battle of Mao] 14-12 [Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland - Dark Domain]
[Tekken 7 - Infinite Azure 2 (Siren's Call)] 5-21 [Iridion II - Spiral Bliss]

-

Future Matches:

Winners Round 3: #9 Caravan Stories (#4 Laurara's Dance) vs #40 VA-11 HALL-A (#6 All Systems, Go!)
Losers Round 2: #57 Zakuzaku Actors (#5 Natureends) awaits the results of NieR: Automata/Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Losers Round 2: #24 Dariusburst (#5 Splendid Form) awaits the results of Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe/Granado Espada
Snubs Round 2: #34 Iridion II (#6 Two Years Gone) vs #2 Etrian Odyssey V (#4 Town - Source of the Morning Glow's Smiling Face)

banshiryuu
3 weeks ago#75
Day 21 Results!

[Umineko no Naku Koro ni - System 0] 16-13 [Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (PCECD) - Illburns Ruins]
[League of Legends - Get Jinxed] 17-12 [Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness & Sky - Craggy Coast]
[G-Darius - H.G. Virus] 14-12 [Katamari Forever - Galactic S-O-U-L]

-

Future Matches:

Winners Round 3: #4 Umineko no Naku Koro ni (#6 Umineko no Naku Koro ni) awaits today's results
Losers Round 2: #56 League of Legends (#6 Neeko, the Curious Chameleon) awaits the results of VVVVVV/Ys VIII
Losers Round 2: #29 Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (PCECD) (#6 Beasts as Black as Night) awaits the results of Persona 5/Ragnarok Online II
Snubs Round 2: #15 G-Darius (#4 B.T. Dutch) awaits today's results

User Info: Haste_2

Haste_2
3 weeks ago#76
Poor PMD2. Fortunately the other two Pokemon games are still in the WB and one still alive in the Snubs.
Congrats to Advokaiser on pwning me in CBX!

banshiryuu
3 weeks ago#77
Day 22 Results!

[Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea - Silhouette of Thirst] 7-20 [Xenoblade Chronicles - You Will Know Our Names]
[Fez - Glitch] 8-19 [Final Fantasy VIII - Force Your Way]
[Sdorica -sunset- - Poleva Desert] 4-23 [Tangledeep - Exploring the Shifting Stones]

-

Future Matches:

Winners Round 3: #20 Xenoblade Chronicles (#6 One Who Gets in Our Way) vs #4 Umineko no Naku Koro ni (#6 Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
Losers Round 2: #36 Final Fantasy VIII (#4 Maybe I'm a Lion) awaits the results of Blue Reflection/Aliens Go Home Run
Losers Round 2: #13 Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (#4 Scorpio) awaits the results of Ripple Dot Zero/Ao no Kiseki Evo
Snubs Round 2: #47 Tangledeep (#5 Mirai the Heroine) vs #15 G-Darius (#4 B.T. Dutch)

User Info: Haste_2

Haste_2
3 weeks ago#78
Ouch. *changes vote to Poleva Desert* There. Now it has five votes! It doesn't deserve such a beatdown. I wish I voted Glitch, too... I would seriously listen to that on extension.
Congrats to Advokaiser on pwning me in CBX!

User Info: UF8

UF8
3 weeks ago#79
i didn't mention this but as one of the non-tangledeep voters, exploring the shifting stones was genuinely one of my favourites to date and would've easily gotten my vote in any other match but poleva desert was like a 9.5 to me at least

so

it hurts to see it treated like it was, and i knew it would be but desperately hoped it wouldn't. it's like, people seem to be extremely quick to dismiss songs purely based off genre here. poleva having two key defining aspects to it that are inherently polarising on the board, each with minimal overlap here (classical and lol rhythm game), seems to have just given a ton of people (even outside the ones that openly harbor resentment toward said things) reasons to arbitrarily dismiss it regardless of how good it is at being the thing it is, its own strengths that made it setlist worthy despite these factors and all. not having a household composer name like zircon attached to it also didn't help. chamber chu? more like chamber who

credit of course to shifting stones for being given a chance to actually flex that as an advantage. another big part of why it worked out how it did is because a lot of people heard it and realised "wow i don't like zircon but this is a song i wouuld actually like" aka. it actually does appeal to present board tastes so much more than one would otherwise expect from zircon lol

in other words, poleva basically got treated as a nonfactor in its own match, zircon alone controlled his destiny
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: FL81

FL81
3 weeks ago#80
FWIW I thought it was the closest match of the day, I feel bad it lost by that much.
https://i.imgtc.ws/uBYqPMK.gif https://i.imgtc.ws/UAGNJFv.gif
https://i.imgtc.ws/cBTnWgf.png https://i.imgtc.ws/wdjM3F8.png
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. [BOST] Best OST Contest 5 - Results and Discussion Thread
  • Post New Message