• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best Board 8 Fantasy Football 2019 Topic

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
2 weeks ago#431
turbopuns3 posted...
Is this trade too insane even for a team that's 0-5 and can't afford to go another day without getting a WR?

Give: zeke, landry
Get: kupp, k. johnson

my RBs then would be: Chubb, Gordon, K. Johnson, Hyde

My WRs then would be: Kupp, Juju, Diggs (barf), Anderson

MysteriousStan posted...
Kupp is a Top 5 fantasy WR. You still have a Top 5 RB option in Chubb and will be getting Kerryon in the deal who has been pretty solid this year and you won't have to deal with his Bye week while Zeke still has his coming up. If Gordon can get going I'd say that's a solid lineup. So yeah, don't think that's a crazy trade at all.

So, being in the desperate situation I was in, I decided to do this. Didn't feel great about it but it was exciting and risky and I felt like I just had to do something to give myself a chance. And if it worked out even decently I'd feel 100x better about my team.

Since the trade:

-Kupp and Johnson have combined for 28 points total across two weeks.
-Zeke has scored 26 points in both weeks individually
-Johnson is now injured and will miss multiple weeks

Great one there, puns. Lol.

On the bright side I might advance to 1-6 if I'm lucky tonight.

User Info: MysteriousStan

MysteriousStan
2 weeks ago#432
Oof. Yeah no accounting for injuries but even with the Rams not being as good as last year, Kupp was producing. Still think he'll be fine but the Johnson injury does suck. And Gordon doesn't seem like he's going to get going either. =/

User Info: Reg

Reg
2 weeks ago#433
Big oof, but that's fantasy for you. s*** happens.

turbopuns3
2 weeks ago#434
Dude who beat me by 1.4 in week 2 just lost by 0.1, and he would have won if Brady had literally 1 more passing yard.

How ya like that Jeremy

User Info: iiaattgg

iiaattgg
2 weeks ago#435
james white keeps teasing me with almost TDs in pretty mucy every game but still ill take the guaranteed 13 points no more no less that he promises out of the flex spot

pats d with another big day. im expecting them to do the same to baker next week
Sess
Of the superuser "merSHINEsess"

turbopuns3
2 weeks ago#436
White had a TD rush called back, a catch where he went out of bounds at the 3 inch line, and another catch where he got shoestring tackled around the 20 or so that would've been a certain TD if he kept his balance.

Any one of those plays succeeding would have made me lose. :)

User Info: iiaattgg

iiaattgg
2 weeks ago#437
yeah its been like that every week with him. if i wasnt winning regardless id be blowing a gasket over those
Sess
Of the superuser "merSHINEsess"

turbopuns3
2 weeks ago#438
Yeah I have him in my other league. He's consistent AF at least. I'd already won that league before tonight started though, so I'm fine with the usual 13 ppr

User Info: Nanahara715

Nanahara715
2 weeks ago#439
Trade Zeke for Fournette or Bell?

I've got the following RBs- Zeke, Kerryon, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Duke Johnson, Malcolm Brown, Darrell Henderson

Basically, I'm starting garbage at RB this week because Zeke is on a bye and Kerryon is out. I'm 2-5 and need a win.

User Info: MysteriousStan

MysteriousStan
2 weeks ago#440
Straight up? Mm probably not but the record complicates matters since you really do need a win. I'd definitely take Fournette over Bell. But trading for Fournette will just delay your RB bye week problem as Fournette has his bye coming up soon. Could you try trading Zeke and for Fournette/Bell and a lesser RB, someone in the Royce Freeman range maybe?

Alternatively, I'd just stay pat. After getting blasted by everyone for running like fewer than 10 times or whatever I'm feeling good about the Bears getting Montgomery going on the ground (or that's just the optimistic Bears fan in me...). Duke Johnson seems to have a solid floor of 5 points and I don't like Sanders' matchup against the Bills. Or just play one of the Rams backups since they're going against the worst run defense in the league this week.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best Board 8 Fantasy Football 2019 Topic
  • Post New Message