• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best Board 8 Fantasy Football 2019 Topic
The argument is that there isn't enough RB's out there to sustain 8 RBs per team in a 10 man league. You can only play 3 each week anyway in most leagues so even if you handcuffed all 3 that's still only 6 RBs.

With the potential for that many to be tied up it's entirely possible that the drop off from an injured RB to the waiver wire is a RB who scores 0-2 points.
Yeah I agree with puns here. I’m not saying it’s good strategy but I see nothing wrong with it.
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."
Maybe it's just because I play in high money leagues but I can tell you right now nobody would play if it was possible for people to hoard a position.

I remember what originally prompted it was like 5-6 seasons back where people were hoarding 3-4 QB's to deliberately make it so there was no QBs on waivers for bye weeks and then trying to charge ridiculous prices for them in trades (like 1st/2nd round picks for a QB who would never play outside that week). Some teams did it just so somebody would lose and had no intention of trading one away. We had similar situations with RB's where people would have 6+ on their roster and the only ones on waivers would be ones who likely wouldn't take a single snap.

We also had people picking up players/teams purely to drop them so that they weren't claimable via waivers before their game

When the prize pool is $1000+ people were going to be pissed if they miss out on the playoffs due to shady tactics like that. Hard to keep people happy in those scenarios and hard to get them to return to the league the year after.

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
4 weeks ago#324
I see what you mean.

Personally I still think that's just how it works...like in any game if there's a meta that can be adapted to, then you adapt to it. If you don't adapt, and you lose, then you just made poor decisions.

But if a majority in the league all agree that it's "lame" or "unfair" then it makes sense to just set a lower limit and not have to deal with it.
Positional limits isn't even our biggest f*** up either. 2 seasons ago this happened.

1. Player A didn't pay his dues until he made the playoffs (which was final week of the season)
2. GM overruled it stating deadline for dues was ages ago and he had been warned multiple times
3. GM inserted Lucky Loser into playoff bracket in his place and adjusted bracket accordingly
4. Lucky Loser beats unbeaten #1 seed on a tiebreaker where they both had highest score in the league for the week
4a. Tiebreaker didn't trigger correctly due to bracket being messed with and #1 seed should have actually won
5. #1 Seed would have won out if not for mishap

Prize for winner was $1200. I was the #1 seed. Mistake wasn't realized until after the following week of play when the tiebreaker did trigger correctly in another tie. (Basically higher seed got +points to effectively win a tiebreaker but he had reset the scores when he reset the bracket)

I didn't complain to the league or make a big scene about it but it took a lot of talking me into returning to that league the following season (I had offered to share the winners prize with the alternative winner as a compromise, it got shot down). He ended up comping my entry for the following years leagues (which was still considerably less than the $1200).
(edited 4 weeks ago)

turbopuns3
4 weeks ago#326
Talk about a bad beat.

User Info: Nanahara715

Nanahara715
4 weeks ago#327
I faced the Patriots DST in 3/6 of my leagues :/

turbopuns3
4 weeks ago#328
in 1 league my matchup is down to straight up my Ertz vs his Hooper (plus 0.5)

User Info: Reg

Reg
4 weeks ago#329
turbopuns3 posted...

let's hope you win by 10+ tbqh

turbopuns3
4 weeks ago#330
Reg posted...
turbopuns3 posted...

let's hope you win by 10+ tbqh

Who would've guessed that Emmanuel Sanders was the #1 play over Davante Adams and Keenan Allen?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best Board 8 Fantasy Football 2019 Topic
  • Post New Message