• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best Board 8 Fantasy Football 2019 Topic
Reg posted...
MysteriousStan posted...
Well it only took 1 week for the league I'm in with a couple coworkers to turn into a joke.

This Vikings fan traded away David Johnson and Michael Thomas for Kirk Cousins and Adam Thielen.

Guess I don't have to try too hard in that one now!

Kelce owner in mine dropped Hockenson for... Jason Witten (And I only have #3 waiver priority argh)

This guy is supposedly pretty knowledgeable about football, too!

(Somebody else picked up Gronkowski, but that surprises me less)

Someone in my 16 man league dropped Mike Evans. I mean ok you can lose faith in him but in a 16 man league? Jeeze. Also worth pointing out we don't have a TE spot either it's WR/TE so WRs are at a premium since you play 3 or 4 most weeks

I quickly grabbed him on waivers and was surprised I didn't get beaten out. Played him in the WR/TE spot for last nights game
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: beavis666x2

beavis666x2
1 month ago#302
tomorrow
Nanomachines: The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
http://i.imgur.com/W7hCbL6.jpg

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 month ago#303
I got Hockenson in my work league btw - Kinda surprisng. 8/12 of the league put in a claim, but neither the #1 or #2 priority did lol

Think I'm gonna try to flip him to the Henry owner (Who also happens to be the CMC/Mixon owner I referecned in #300, but we didn't talk about potential trades Friday even though we were both in the office oops
So I have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and somebody is stuck with Winston as their only QB. Matt Ryan and Brees have the same bye week (whoops).

Is it worth it to trade one for Kerryon Johnson or Joe Mixon?
Check out my entertainment blog!: www.heroicbiz.com
I discuss video games, comics, movies, and TV!

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
1 month ago#305
Who are your RBs?

Reg
1 month ago#306
PrivateBiscuit1 posted...
So I have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and somebody is stuck with Winston as their only QB. Matt Ryan and Brees have the same bye week (whoops).

I'm pretty sure that whatever reasonable trades you make for either would have the QB as a bonus/side piece instead of the main feature, but hey, maybe you can swing it. Good luck

User Info: MysteriousStan

MysteriousStan
1 month ago#307

Trading for a QB is stupid unless there's absolutely nothing on the waiver wire so if you can get him to bite on trading Johnson or Mixon for one absolutely.

I mean, I'm super low on both players but having either as an RB3 or 4 would be fine and worth trading an extra QB for. Especially since they have the same bye.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
turbopuns3 posted...
Who are your RBs?

My RBs are Marlon Mack, Gus Edwards, and Ballage (and Gordon who I gambled poorly on). Gus Edwards didn't put up the numbers he did last year last week and it feels like he might not for the rest of the season.

And she has Winston who was seven points under his projected this week. And the rest of the QBs available seem like they would do less.

I'm an absolute putz when it comes to making trades so that's why I asked!
Check out my entertainment blog!: www.heroicbiz.com
I discuss video games, comics, movies, and TV!

Reg
1 month ago#309
turbopuns3 posted...
Who are your RBs?

My RBs are Marlon Mack, Gus Edwards, and Ballage (and Gordon who I gambled poorly on). Gus Edwards didn't put up the numbers he did last year last week and it feels like he might not for the rest of the season.

And she has Winston who was seven points under his projected this week. And the rest of the QBs available seem like they would do less.

I'm an absolute putz when it comes to making trades so that's why I asked!

The basic idea here is that QBs have far, far less value than other positions simply because they're less scarce. Sure, there are only 32 QBs where there are more RBs and significantly more WRs, but you only play one QB any given week, and the drop-off from top tier QBs to mid/low-tier QBs is significantly less steep than the drop-off from top RBs to mid RBs. Like, in both the league this topic is for and my work league, I opted into the s*** end of the QB stick (Trubisky and Winston respectively, and I think I was the last one to draft a QB in both leagues) and prioritized depth at RB/WR instead, and instead of scrambling to trade away depth (or even good players) for an upgrade there I could (and did) just go over to the free agent pool and grab a guy like Andy Dalton or Matt Stafford to fill in.

If you google Fantasy Football Trade Values or anything similar, you'll see that sites have charts and tools for this sort of thing that are updated regularly. They're obviously not the final authority if you can convince somebody to take a trade, but they're a good starting point. And the biggest trend you'll see is how relatively low-value QBs are.

I personally try not to even roster two QBs unless I have a good one that I don't want to drop during his bye week.

To provide numbers specific to your case, the first result for the google search I recommended was https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-2-upgrade-your-roster-with-our-trade-values-chart/

The scale is 100% arbitrary, but it values Matt Ryan at a 5 and doesn't even bother valuing Brees. On the other side, Mixon is valued between 20 and 23 depending on your PPR setting and Kerryon between 19 and 21. Just by using these charts as raw value, you'd need to include either Mack or a comparably valuable WR for the trade to be "even" value according to this chart. You can find other ones that value players slightly differently, but the concept applies regardless.
(edited 1 month ago)
The only reason I roster 2 QBs is because I'm in deep leagues and I always draft them late so picking up 2 gives me the option to decide who is better on a weekly basis. Also because the league is deep, it's possible to be caught out without a playable QB during bye weeks if you don't hold onto a second one.

In smaller league I'm for sure only taking 1 QB and then just grabbing one off the waivers if they catch fire or I need them in a bye.

It's like Reg says, a lot of fantasy football is about the drop off between the players you have to physically play. Who cares if the QB scores 25+ points a week and your WR2 scores 11 if the drop off to the next QB is like 22 points and the next WR you'd have to take is like 4-5 points. Having depth at RB is especially critical given the high level of attrition. A lot of people get caught up comparing direct scores between players rather than the score between your player and the next best you'd have to play at the position. A solid WR3 or RB3 is infinintely more valuable than a QB2 (or even a QB1 unless you have an elite QB1)
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best Board 8 Fantasy Football 2019 Topic
  • Post New Message